phpBB problems, Help!

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
The Snoman

phpBB problems, Help!

Post by The Snoman »

I have been running phpBB for close to 2 years and for the last year with no problem. Recently my hoster started to switch things around and moved my site to a different server and forum went nutz with MySQL errors. This has been going on for over a week now and now when ever I load the main index.php I get errors listed at the top of the page (listed below) and page loads otherwise and I get no errors on topics when clicked on. I cannot log in either and I get errors there to. Is my forum installation toast or is is salvageable?

I get this when I load index....
----------------------------------
Warning: mysql_query(): Unable to save result set in /home/snomanco/public_html/Forum/db/mysql4.php on line 118

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/snomanco/public_html/Forum/db/mysql4.php:118) in /home/snomanco/public_html/Forum/includes/page_header.php on line 521

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/snomanco/public_html/Forum/db/mysql4.php:118) in /home/snomanco/public_html/Forum/includes/page_header.php on line 523

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/snomanco/public_html/Forum/db/mysql4.php:118) in /home/snomanco/public_html/Forum/includes/page_header.php on line 524
------------------------------------------------------------

And when I attempt to log in I get the above error plus this in the log in window area
---------------------------------------------------------------
Error in obtaining userdata

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1030 Got error 127 from table handler

SELECT user_id, username, user_password, user_active, user_level, user_login_tries, user_last_login_try FROM phpbb_users WHERE username = 'SnoMan'

Line : 65
File : login.php
-------------------------------------------------------------

I do have a backup that I took online before the crash but it has not been used and have been depending on web hosters backups. I think I am pretty much done with this hoster in the future because though I understand things happen, it should not take over 9 days to sort them out. Also when people try to join it appears to let them but it no longer sends a email to me for approval. It was working fine until hoster started to play with things. They did get it to work briefly on the 10 of May for most of day but then they moved things around again. I plan to call them today again but I would like some input as to what I am dealing with. Thanks for taking time to read this and any comments are appreciated.

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Re: phpBB problems, Help!

Post by karlsemple »

Are you sure the database type of your database now is the same as the host orginally had you hosted on? I.e is are you sure it is mysql 4 or above?

The second error states the table has crashed and that should easily be fixed by running a repair on the table via phpmyadmin :)

The Snoman

Post by The Snoman »

karlsemple wrote: Are you sure the database type of your database now is the same as the host orginally had you hosted on? I.e is are you sure it is mysql 4 or above?

It shows MySQL ver 4.0.25 std and PHP ver 4.4.2. As far as I recall these have not changed

karlsemple wrote: The second error states the table has crashed and that should easily be fixed by running a repair on the table via phpmyadmin :)

It has been repaired before a few times by hoster and it works for a while and then stops. I have not attempted a repair myself until I better understand the issues here. The Web Hoster is being pretty tight lipped about what they are doing on there end but I have seen my IP change a few times and I have a server uptime mod on forum and on have seen 4 different up times" baselines in last 10 days starting from when it was work before this happened and today. (it appears that server has been reloaded a few times because uptime counter has been rest a couple of times and currently shows 2 days and some change. BTW, thanks for taking the time to respond.

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

Seens as it was the host who caused this issue it might be best if you find out how they caused this issue and get them to fix it, tables constantly crashing is usually a sign of a database server issue, as for the first set of errors they should not be happening and is a sign that something has not been configured correctly server side.

do you have any mods installed or anything in the template which might need to old database? obviously treble check all your database connection settings are correct.

The Snoman

Post by The Snoman »

karlsemple wrote: do you have any mods installed or anything in the template which might need to old database? obviously treble check all your database connection settings are correct.

I have a moderate amount of mods (extremes styles and simple sub forums being the biggest of them)and I have install (long ago) a backup mod that can save non PHP data files with database and overcomes backup database size. Another thing here is that when they got it running on the 10th when I did a backup from this fresh restore, the backup file was only 100K when it was 5.2meg before these problems. I know it could have been compacted some but 50 to 1 seems extreme.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”