Login from somewhere else on server,

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Hrvoje

Login from somewhere else on server,

Post by Hrvoje »

Hello

Anyway i've got this script from one website, here's the code:

HTML Code:

<form action="/forum/login.php" method="post" target="_top">
<table width="375" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0" class="tablica" align="center">
<tr>
<th height="25" class="thHead" nowrap="nowrap"><div align="center">Molimo Vas da usesete Vaše podatke za logiranje</div></th>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="row1"><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" class="tablica">
<tr>

<td colspan="2" align="center">&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="25%" align="right"><span class="gen">Korisničko Ime:</span></td>
<td width="75%">
<input type="text" class="post" name="username" size="25" maxlength="40" value="" /> </td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td align="right"><span class="gen">Lozinka:</span></td>
<td>
<input type="password" class="post" name="password" size="25" maxlength="32" /> </td>
</tr>
<tr align="center">
<td colspan="2"><span class="gen">Logiraj me automatski nakon svake posjete:
<input type="checkbox" name="autologin" /></span></td>
</tr>
<tr align="center">
<td colspan="2"><input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="" /><input type="submit" name="login" class="mainoption" value="Logiraj me!" /></td>
</tr>
<tr align="center">
<td colspan="2"><span class="gensmall"><a href="forum/profile.php?mode=sendpassword" class="gensmall">Zaboravio/la sam lozinku</a></span></td>
</tr>
</table></td>
</tr>
</table>

</form></p>

this script let's users to login from my main site to my forums..it works, what i want is that when it logs in succesfully that it does NOT GO TO FORUMS but shows their username like, welcome USERNAME

10X!

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Login from somewhere else on server,

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

this is the part of the script that you edit to send them wherever you want:
<input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="" />

where exactly do you want it to send them ?

where exactly do you want it to say "welcome username"?

etc.

details.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

Hrvoje

Post by Hrvoje »

when user logs in, i'd like text to appear Welcome, USERNAME and it stays there.... not redirecting anywhere just let it stay there and say Welcome, USERNAME and behind (left, or right, doesent matter) Log out button, that's pretty much all!

Hrvoje

Post by Hrvoje »

anyone? :lol:

DreAdeDcoRpSE

Post by DreAdeDcoRpSE »

The only thing I can suggest is what it in this thread. http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=522216
I am running all the information you would find in this thread on my website which you must login to be able to serf through the site and to do other things, I am slowly intragrading it in with other things like "tagbox" shout box. If you are running phpBB3 who knows, this still might work.

What is explained in that thread doesent forward you to the forums, but keep you on the page with the login on it and it says Welcome USER, (USER is what ever name you login with.). Works good, I did runinto a few problems that was creating my database to crash, but it was minor issues that was actually cause by my IP banning system for my website along with my IP tracking. But the way I have it set up now, I can control how much access someone has to my website if they arent logged in. meaning along as your not loged in you dont see any links, except to affiliates and to register.

DreAdeDcoRpSE

Post by DreAdeDcoRpSE »

Just wanted to update the post. The link to that site I have is no longer pointed to that site. The new link is here which I left up for this thread and a few other threads. NEW LINK

That other link now points at my new site which is running phpnuke 7.9 with the latest security patch, and phpBB 2.0.21 I think it is.

I put this update cause I saw a few people comming to my new site from this thread and I was figuring they were looking for what I was talking about.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”