Missing Half of Profile Update?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
carlhuber

Missing Half of Profile Update?

Post by carlhuber »

My Forum is located here: http://warehouse.carlh.com/forum

Rather embarrassed to be posting here. I've been able to figure out everything I've needed for the forum for the past two years. This one's got me stumped. Here's the deal. My users (myself included) can't edit any of the fields in our profiles below, I think, Date format.

We go from Date format to Avatar Control Panel to Submit.

In the past I've installed things such as Gender Mod and Coin Mod but I don't know that they had any effect on this. I honestly don't know when this error occurred. I think it was independent of all of this.

Did I delete some large chunk of code? I honestly don't know. I'll feel rather dense if I did.

I just moved hosting servers but I think the problem existed before that.
Any suggestions will be very welcome. It's not an urgent problem, but it has been bugging me for a few weeks.
ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Re: Missing Half of Profile Update?

Post by ric323 »

after copying your database onto the new server, did you run ./install/update_to_latest.php ?
That would be required if you put the latest php files on the new server, and restored an older database.
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions
carlhuber

Post by carlhuber »

Well, I have been running the most recent version. And my admin page does say: "Your installation is up to date, no updates are available for your version of phpBB." - would that take care of the issue you were hinting at?
ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Post by ric323 »

that should mean your database is up to date.
If you have no mods, try re-uploading all the files except for config.php.
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions
carlhuber

Post by carlhuber »

Finally figured it out - if anyone else was having the same problems.

I traced the errors back to Gender Mod. Somehow it got rid of some important code in profile_add_body.tpl and profile_view_body.tpl in my template folder. I had to manually figure out what was missing from a fresh download of the forum files and replace it line by line.

Thanks for the troubleshooting! Everything seems to be smooth now.
Jim_UK
Former Team Member

Post by Jim_UK »

carlhuber wrote:Somehow it got rid of some important code in profile_add_body.tpl and profile_view_body.tpl in my template folder.
I rather think that you mean that you installed it incorrectly and got rid of some code. :D
Did you check out the release topics for those mods and find that everyone had experienced this?

Jim
The truth is out there.
Unfortunately they will not let you anywhere near it!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”