Logo

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
lisagauss

Logo

Post by lisagauss »

does anyone know where or how i can create my own logo so that it will look similar to the logo at the top of ths page "phpbb creating communities". i want to keep the same colors and shape cause since i am going to use the mod to change the logo, i want it to fit nicely.
issue9mm

Post by issue9mm »

You're going to need an image editing program of some sort. Adobe Photoshop (http://adobe.com/) is definitely the way to go, but it's quite pricey. If you can't afford that, then Paintshop Pro seems to be the popular fallback, but the Gimp will work as well.

Unfortunately, you're either need to build your own logo (I don't think that the logo file is in the subBlue SDK, someone correct me if I'm wrong), have a friend create it for you, or pay someone to create it for you. If you're looking for something similar, I suggest using subBlue (http://www.subblue.com), as they designed the logo and theme for all of phpBB.

-9mm-
lisagauss

Post by lisagauss »

thanx....i was thinking about using photoshop, but it would be pretty hard since i am no expert at it.....than for the reply
issue9mm

Post by issue9mm »

There's a pretty steep learning curve, really, but once you get the hang of it, simple things end up being pretty easy.

I encourage you to download the SubSilver SDK from the Downloads section of this site. Basically, it's a Photoshop document with most of the buttons and text from this site. You can't use it as your own, but at the very least, it'll allow you to select just the right colors, and perhaps compare your work to the originals.

Best of luck.

-9mm-

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”