Problem with subSilver.css

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
suikosai

Problem with subSilver.css

Post by suikosai »

I'm trying to change the information in my subSilver.css file, directly so that I can use the values of a different forum style. I've already installed some modifications that work directly with subSilver, so I'm reluctant to install a totally different style. I've over-written the original subSilver.css file to reflect how I want my forum to look, but whenever I load my forum, it acts as if nothing has changed at all, and looking at the source-code, the values for subSilver.css look like the old values... However, when looking at the .css file as is, the values have the new values.

It's as if the forum doesn't even look at the subSilver.css file at all, when generating the forum style. How can I get it to reflect the look that the new style would provide???

phpBB version : 2.0.22

Let me know if I need to provide additional info. Thanks!
StefanL

Re: Problem with subSilver.css

Post by StefanL »

Remove it in overall_header.tpl
When I suggest that you should alter your files, BACKUP them BEFORE.
cybrid23
Former Team Member

Post by cybrid23 »

subSilver uses a .css routine that is found in /overall_header.tpl by default.

You need to remove that .css code to use the external .css
---Never leave home without a towel and your peril sensitive sunglasses.
---Do Not PM Me For Support. It will go unanswered.
Thanks.
suikosai

Post by suikosai »

So, do I want to remove the entire code there, or do I just want to Copy / Paste what's in my subSilver.css file into overall_header.tpl?
cybrid23
Former Team Member

Post by cybrid23 »

Either.

It just needs to removed from the /overall_header.tpl to use the external.css
---Never leave home without a towel and your peril sensitive sunglasses.
---Do Not PM Me For Support. It will go unanswered.
Thanks.
suikosai

Post by suikosai »

Thanks, that solved the main problem. Just about everything looks right, but some things are a little bit off.

Basically, I'm trying to use the BlueGlass style, opposed to the original subSilver that you get. While changing the stylesheet was a big step forward, some aspects still don't look quite right. Something tells me that it has more to do with how the other various .tpl files are configured. But, I'm not even too sure where to look in order to change some of it to look the way it's supposed to. Getting the index to look correctly would probably be the best starting step. If anyone is familiar with the style, please feel free to give some advice.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”