need help with install

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
lini

need help with install

Post by lini »

hi.
When I try to install pbpBB2 RC2 I get an error message "PHP.EXE - Application error" as soon as i hit the "start install" button in install.php
after that i see only

Code: Select all

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:
all the information in the form is correct. the only thing that i changed in install.php is the default language(set it to bulgarian).
any ideas?
thanks.

i use:
Win2k
IIS 5.0 + php-4.1.1
MSSQL 2000 for DB
Kanuck
Former Team Member

Post by Kanuck »

PHP is incorrectly setup on your web server - it's not a problem with phpBB.
Kanuck
Former phpBB.com team member
belloq

Post by belloq »

How is it set up incorrectly and how is it fixed, please? Thanks!
Kage Musha

Re: need help with install

Post by Kage Musha »

Why are you using RC2?!?!?!? 8O
lini wrote: hi.
When I try to install pbpBB2 RC2 I get an error message "PHP.EXE - Application error" as soon as i hit the "start install" button in install.php
after that i see only

Code: Select all

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:
all the information in the form is correct. the only thing that i changed in install.php is the default language(set it to bulgarian).
any ideas?
thanks.

i use:
Win2k
IIS 5.0 + php-4.1.1
MSSQL 2000 for DB
https://www.rpggarden.com Development: Battle Mod
Released: PS2 Theme
Image Search b4 asking (less work for us :lol: )
Plz do not abuse my IM mediums or I'll have to block ya :evil:
pop_N_fresh

Post by pop_N_fresh »

Have a look at Install.txt in the PHP directory, it will go step by step on how to install PHP on different servers, just choose the IIS sub-category. This setup is great for testing and most probably usable in a LAN situation, I have noticed one thing, I don't know whether it is a bug or my fault but the Backup Restore Database Utilties don't seem to work, it may be because I am using Personal Web Server (Win 98 IIS). Any way have a look through that install file and those few registry tweaks should get you online, this is neccesary as the initial setup is naff! :x
SK

Post by SK »

IIS :x
Apache is much faster/secure
belloq

Post by belloq »

Wow. So much noise and no info in this forum. :(

Issue resolved by resetting NT permissions on the forums folder and subfolders to allow Read access. I guess the anonymous web user couldn't read/execute the script so php couldn't return the data it wanted to. Don't know how those got set right. Someone might've re-set inheritable sometime.

lini, I hope this solves your problem if you haven't already. I see it was January when you posted.

I got the fix from the php forums. Here's the direct url: http://www.php.net/manual/en/faq.instal ... n.cgierror.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”