Forum too SLOW!

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
momoftwo

Forum too SLOW!

Post by momoftwo » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:24 am

Hello,

Why in the world is my forum to slow to load. I am not the only one with the problems. Alot of members complain.

Why can this be.

I have phpbb 2.0
Mods installed: statistics, announcements, quotes

thabks

ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

Re: Forum too SLOW!

Post by ChrisRLG » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:21 am

speed is down to serveral issues.

The hosting - is it shared - is it free - Normally the cheaper the hosting package the slower the speed.

The modifications done to the forum - more mods = more sql statements to run = slower speed.

Bottlenecks in the path/route to the server. Hosting in say the US with all the members in the UK will give a time lag on the atlantic hop between the machines.

Size of the DB/forum
phpBB: The All Important Rules - Bertie Bear 3.0 - No support via PM system - use the forums please.
phpBB v2: Retirement (1/1/2009) : phpBB v3: Read Me Topic - Custom BBCodes - Support Template
Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."
My Links: MS MVP (Consumer Security) - Malware Removal:University - Own Forum: Custom BBCode testing

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”