Blank pages in Internet Explorer 7?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
nycore

Blank pages in Internet Explorer 7?

Post by nycore » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:00 am

My website is linked in my profile

IE 6 or 7 gives empty pages on the entire board but if you look at PAGE SOURCE you can see all the information there in the html code.

Im using SubBlack-GOLD style. Many mods, yes, but all are newly installed on a newly installed board. Firefox and Opera have no problems viewing the website.

I installed the board in another directly as a test, unmodded, and had the same problem when I opted for the SubBlack-Gold template so I have to assume its not the MODs and it'd be foolish to say "dont use SubBlack GOLD"

I've disabled GZIP compression, did nothing. If I switch to SubSilver I dont have any problems. Ive deleted all cookies from the browser and used different computers.

Any suggestions other than "use the standard phpbb install with Subsilver and dont customize anything ever"?

In ACP Ive redone the cache, emptied it, etc. Ive changed the cookie settings with no effect and as far as I know the cookies were correct anyway.

Ideas are greatly appreciated.
Running site since 93. Current mods: Easy Mod, Custom Title, Avatar Resize, Simple Mod Resize Images, Longer Subject, Simple Quick Reply, URL Friendly Entry

dellsystem
Former Team Member
Name: Wendy

Re: Blank pages in Internet Explorer 7?

Post by dellsystem » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:27 am

Well, you should know that subBlack Gold normally displays perfectly in IE - I've used it for years with IE and it never had problems.

This is a bit of a long shot here, but where did you download subBlack? Perhaps it was modified from the one usually used and has some code that causes IE to trip up. Try downloading a copy from phpBB.com and see if installing that on your test board produces the same results.
Former moderator and website team member | My MODs, and more (GitHub)

Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader
Name: Patrick Webster

Post by Noxwizard » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:28 am

Open: templates/subBlack/overall_header.tpl
Find and Remove:

Code: Select all

<style type="text/css">
The style tag isn't being closed, so it's eating all the HTML after it.
[Support Template] - [Read Before Posting] - [phpBB Knowledge Base]
Do not contact me for private support, please share the question in our forums.

nycore

Post by nycore » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:39 am

Noxwizard wrote:Open: templates/subBlack/overall_header.tpl
Find and Remove:

Code: Select all

<style type="text/css">
The style tag isn't being closed, so it's eating all the HTML after it.
Nice! Worked. Was driving me nuts

Previous poster had a good suggestion as well. Thanks

Closed
Running site since 93. Current mods: Easy Mod, Custom Title, Avatar Resize, Simple Mod Resize Images, Longer Subject, Simple Quick Reply, URL Friendly Entry

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”