Lost administration link at the bottom of my forum

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
calil

Lost administration link at the bottom of my forum

Post by calil » Tue Dec 24, 2002 6:14 pm

I just got my forum up and running this week, I'm trying to add my personal touches to it. Now I can't get into the admin. panel to continue and change things. I've been thru' many pages on the "support, tutorial and Installation forums" to get an help for a solution, a lot of them I DON'T UNDERSTAND. There are weird things that happened, when I clicked on the "your post" areas at the top right hand corner they disappeared and when I clicked on "login" it popped up at the bottom, but won't let me in, neither will the "register". All I have now is a "forum face". I can't configure anything because I can't get inside the admin. panel. I'm a true newbie, downloaded php 2.03.
Thanks
“If you always do what you always did... you'll always get what you always got!"

MSENYSZAK

Post by MSENYSZAK » Tue Dec 24, 2002 8:43 pm

is "{ADMIN_LINK}" in Overall_footer.tpl ?

calil

Post by calil » Tue Dec 24, 2002 9:51 pm

You mean this? I went to Templates and found this code. I'm just making sure I'm in the right area :D
What do I do next?

<div align="center"><span class="copyright"><br />{ADMIN_LINK}<br />
<!--
We request you retain the full copyright notice below including the link to www.phpbb.com.
This not only gives respect to the large amount of time given freely by the developers
but also helps build interest, traffic and use of phpBB 2.0. If you cannot (for good
reason) retain the full copyright we request you at least leave in place the