Broken links - switched from PHPBB to IPB (any help?)

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
joeydee

Broken links - switched from PHPBB to IPB (any help?)

Post by joeydee »

Hey Folks,

I recently switched from PHPBB to IPB (I'm still a PHPBB lover and will always be, because all you folks have helped me alot throughout the years)... since the switch I have links that are broken, but allow me to explain, it's a little more complex thatn you think :roll:

First I had this mod: GoogleBB Link Enhancement 1.2.1 and what it does is, just changes the extention of the url to .html (for seo purposes...)

So about a month ago - I had an issue with my forum and just decided to backup my database and start from scratch... The forum was working well and I decided not to bother with the GoogleBB Link Enhacement mod... (keep in mind let's say people that were linking to my forum with the .html (still worked)

Now - since I have switched to the IPB forum the internal links in the forum have some .html and when you click them turn out broken... Im trying to find an example to show you... (I'll post back in the reply when I do in a bit)

But is there a away to fix this issue?
Let me know if you guys understand what I'm sayign and if I'm confusing you.
Thanks.
-Joey
joeydee

Re: Broken links - switched from PHPBB to IPB (any help?)

Post by joeydee »

Here's an example.

broken link: http://www.pumatalk.com/viewpost.213.html (leads to my PHPBB forum)
GOOD LINK: http://pumatalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=213

So I'm not sure what I need to do to fix that up... I'll post some more examples, Just trying to find them.

-joey
ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Re: Broken links - switched from PHPBB to IPB (any help?)

Post by ric323 »

I'm sorry, this forum is ONLY for support of phpBB software.

--locked.
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”