Need help creating a member verification

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
chuckD

Need help creating a member verification

Post by chuckD » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:28 am

I want to post a "Code of conduct" on my forum. I want users to have to check a box or something that verifies that they have read and agree to the CoC. Is there anyway I can do this or something like it? Any info or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Chuck

moodgard

Re: Need help creating a member verification

Post by moodgard » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:33 am

chuckD wrote:I want to post a "Code of conduct" on my forum. I want users to have to check a box or something that verifies that they have read and agree to the CoC. Is there anyway I can do this or something like it? Any info or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Chuck
An easy solution is to expand the content of the Registration Agreement page, and add the CoC information. The links already state that "I agree to these terms....".

To modify the Registration Agreement, go to language/lang_english/lang_main.php , and look for:

Code: Select all

$lang['Reg_agreement'] = 
Just modify the text which follows as required.

Then just add an announcement post which repeats the Code of Conduct, and indicate to members that this is what they agreed to when they registered.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”