message_die() error

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
tribalismo

message_die() error

Post by tribalismo » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:04 pm

Your board's URL: click here
Version of phpBB2: 2.0.18
Was this a fresh install or a(n) update/upgrade/conversion (please be specific)? No, forum was running for a couple of months.
Was this an install through your host? No, did it myself.
MODs you have installed: Too many to mention here.
When the problem started: Dec 18

After an admin banned, what he thought a bot, we now have no acces to the forum anymore and get the following error's:

Code: Select all

Critical Error!
message_die() was called multiple times.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Error #1 
You_been_banned 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Error #2 
Could not get contacts list:buddy 

Line : 142
File : /home/content/t/r/i/tribalismo/html/mods/contact/class_contact.php 
SQL : SELECT c.user_id, c. contact_id, c.alert, c.alert_status, c.display_name, u.username, u.user_level FROM phpbb_im_buddy_list c, phpbb_users u WHERE u.user_id = c.contact_id AND c.user_id = AND c.disallow = 0 AND c.user_ignore = 0 ORDER BY u.username ASC 

Please, contact the webmaster. Thank you.
Does anyone has an idea how this can be fixed?

Hope to hear soon!

Jim_UK
Former Team Member

Re: message_die() error

Post by Jim_UK » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:39 pm

This seems to be linked to a mod that has been installed incorrectly - buddy list mod?
File : /home/content/t/r/i/tribalismo/html/mods/contact/class_contact.php
SQL : SELECT c.user_id, c. contact_id, c.alert, c.alert_status, c.display_name, u.username, u.user_level FROM phpbb_im_buddy_list c, phpbb_users u WHERE u.user_id = c.contact_id AND c.user_id =? AND c.disallow = 0 AND c.user_ignore = 0 ORDER BY u.username ASC
There is a value missing where I have inserted the ?

Check your edits for that mod.

As it is mod related you should seek support in the rel;ease topic for that mod if from this site.

Jim
The truth is out there.
Unfortunately they will not let you anywhere near it!

tribalismo

Post by tribalismo » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:39 pm

Well, the weird thing is that I run another forum which uses the same mod and there I have no problems.

So I doubt that this mod really causes the errors?

tribalismo

Post by tribalismo » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:44 pm

Code: Select all

}

$fields_sql = ( $field_list == '*' ) ? 'c.*': 'c.' . str_replace(',', ', c.', $field_list);

$sql = 'SELECT ' . $fields_sql . ', u.username, u.user_level FROM ' . CONTACT_TABLE . ' c, ' . USERS_TABLE . ' u WHERE u.user_id = ' . $field_check_sql;
		$sql .= ' ORDER BY u.username ' . $order;
		if( $limit )
		{
This is the piece of code which my php file shows, is that incorrect?

Jim_UK
Former Team Member

Post by Jim_UK » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:50 pm

Jim_UK wrote: As it is mod related you should seek support in the release topic for that mod if from this site.

Jim
We can not support mods in this forum. It must be in the Release topic for the mod if from this site or if from elsewhere then that is where you must seek the support.
I simply point out that there is an error as there is a missing item where I have shown the ?

Closing topic.

Jim
The truth is out there.
Unfortunately they will not let you anywhere near it!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”