Edit post not moderator

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
kenerly

Edit post not moderator

Post by kenerly »

Is there a way to allow certain ppl on my site to be able to edit a post with in a certain forum without making them moderators? Perhaps a hack?
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Edit post not moderator

Post by stevemaury »

Not without a MOD. If you don't trust them enough to be Moderators, why do you allow them to edit posts? And what moderator powers are there that you do not want them to have? The power to edit is the power to delete.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
kenerly

Post by kenerly »

Its not the power, its the appearance on the site of having 12 people listed as a mod for one forum.

Let me explain. We have a Pray Warrior forum. Each member of this forum about 12 folks, has to be able to edit the Pray request list (a post).
ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

Post by ChrisRLG »

you can make a usergroup have the mod power - then add those to that usergroup.

That way only the group name will appear as the mods list.
phpBB: The All Important Rules - Bertie Bear 3.0 - No support via PM system - use the forums please.
phpBB v2: Retirement (1/1/2009) : phpBB v3: Read Me Topic - Custom BBCodes - Support Template
Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."
My Links: MS MVP (Consumer Security) - Malware Removal:University - Own Forum: Custom BBCode testing

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”