After update to 2.0.4 from 2.0.3 -> Admin-Panel problem

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Os-T

After update to 2.0.4 from 2.0.3 -> Admin-Panel problem

Post by Os-T »

Hi,

after a (in my eyes) well running update from 2.0.3 to 2.0.4 I have no access to my adminpanel anymore... the error-message:

Code: Select all

Template->make_filename(): Error - file ./.././../admin/index_frameset.tpl does not exist
The board works fine, but my adminpanel is not accessible...

Greetz Markus
DoubleDoom

Post by DoubleDoom »

works fine for me.

Do you have any mods installed? such as supermod which will break the admincp link if not changed (change not published yet)
Darth Wong

Post by Darth Wong »

I got the same error. Perhaps it's related to a particular method of updating. I used the "files" method.
Zeitgeist2

Post by Zeitgeist2 »

I get this also, but ONLY when I enable template cacheing. If template cache is not enabled my admin panel works fine. Wonder if it has to do with handling of absolute and relative paths?
Os-T

Post by Os-T »

Hi,

I use the file-cache template... but I use the version, that was delivered with version 2.0.4... is there a bug in the file??

And: why only with the admin-panel. I searched trough the include-files, but I can't find anything, that seems wrong :cry:

Without the cache my forum slows down and gets unusable, so I have no choice...

Greetz Markus
Zeitgeist2

Post by Zeitgeist2 »

Wondering the same thing as it directs the creation of the .tpls for cached versions of regular forum files correctly but not the /cache/admin files... very odd...
thodson

Post by thodson »

After upgrading from 2.0.3 to 2.0.4 (changed files only) I had the same issue when using the template file cache trick (provided with 2.0.4). When I switch back to the original 2.0.4 template I can get to the Admin panel again.
:ty:
Zeitgeist2

Post by Zeitgeist2 »

yeah exactly same here I can get to admin when not using file cacheing, but I'd like to start using it =) maybe the cvs updates that change the way paths are handled will fix this too...
Zeitgeist2

Post by Zeitgeist2 »

anyone?
LordPC

Post by LordPC »

I get that exact same error message so if someone knows how to fix it other than with the no caching method it'd be greatly appreciated.

allan

Post by allan »

I had the same problem. Going back to the original template.php solved the problem.

Suggestion: If file caching doesn't work maybe the mod should be removed from the distribution packages until it's fixed?
pip

Post by pip »

I just upgraded my board from 2.03 > 2.04 and ran into the same problem (able to find the cause and fix it thanks to this thread).

I'm thinking of removing the template caching thing now anyway. Despite it being "unsupported", I had confidence in it previously because of the names on it and the note that it had been tested thoroughly. But this error seems to indicate it isn't being tested with new releases of phpBB.
seanblee

Post by seanblee »

I have exactly the same problem. Anyone found a fix yet?
Darth Wong

Post by Darth Wong »

Just make a symbolic link. Let's say your phpBB2 directory is phpBB2; go to your home directory and type:

ln -s phpBB2/templates templates

Easy!
Not a three-foot tall green gnome in real-life: My home page.
My wretched hive of scum and villainy: http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/
xcon

Post by xcon »

thanks, the symlink works... i hope it doesn't hose anything else... including security...
Maybe MS exists so that we'll
Thank God for Linux!!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”