only announcements are showing up!

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Nothlit

only announcements are showing up!

Post by Nothlit »

I was manually updating to new files from the CVS, and seem to have royally screwed something up. I've done such updates dozens of times in the past and never had a problem, so I'm definitely not a newbie when it comes to that.

I went through and updated the MySQL database according to the updated schema, and then uploaded the new files from CVS. The first problem was that my subSilver font size was immediately shrunk to 0 pixels, so I had to go edit the database to fix that.

Then, once I could see what I was doing, I realized that while all the posts are still in the database, and the correct post counts for each forum appears on the index page, when I click inside each forum, only announcements are visible! Nothing else can be seen... I tried resyncing, but to no avail.

I did a backup of the database using the admin panel, but it only contains certain parts of the database, apparently (I did not know this until it was too late) and restoring it does not help.

Any ideas?
bhodi

Anyone Else??

Post by bhodi »

Has this happened to anyone else? Because it just happened to me. I updated to the latest CVS and I only have announcements showing up in my forums. Does anyone know what the problem could be or a fix??
psoTFX
Former Team Member

Post by psoTFX »

If you're 'capable' of using CVS you should of course know what needs to be done ... don't take this the wrong way, it's just that increasingly our time is being spent helping people fix 'problems' with CVS which aren't problems but are simply down to users not running scripts or doing other updates inline with check-ins.
bhodi

Post by bhodi »

Fair enough I guess.... since I ran update_to_RC3.php and it fixed the issue. Guess I messed up a change to the database somewhere. Sorry to bother...

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”