Email for watched topics

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
webrebel

Email for watched topics

Post by webrebel »

I guess this is a small problem compared to some I been reading here after a 2.0.4 upgrade, but my notification emails no longer show a "to" addressee. Is this on purpose or is there a setting I need to tweak?

thanks, Mike
kkks

Post by kkks »

I have same problem, and I received a copy of email bounced back to server. (the receiver does receive a copy of that mail)
However, the template does not work...
It said ""Hello,

You are receiving this email because ..."

and the template is
"Hello {USERNAME},

You are receiving this email because ..."
SillyDog701: Netscape Browser Archive | Browser Version Guide | Message Centre | MacCentre701
MozInfo - Mozilla Information Centre
webrebel

Post by webrebel »

By golly you're right. I didn't even notice that part being missing....I wonder if it has something to do with "Charset: iso-8859-1" that was in the first line of the old version email but is not there now too.

Oh geez, I just took a look at the topic_notify.tpl and the Charset: iso-8859-1 is still in that file but it don't show up in the emails....hmmmm...I guess they fixed the Charset: iso-8859-1 from appearing from somewhere else, which would be a good place to start to look for the problem. Can anyone shed a little light over here? thanks
kkks

Post by kkks »

This email notification is getting annony...
A copy of email is bounced back to my server, which means every time someone replies some topics (if been watched by any people), my fall over mail box has to receive one mail. That is 40+ bounced back emails a day.

If your forum is busier, you will have a lot more mails bounced back.
SillyDog701: Netscape Browser Archive | Browser Version Guide | Message Centre | MacCentre701
MozInfo - Mozilla Information Centre

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”