How to define the post order?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
ratlhead

How to define the post order?

Post by ratlhead »

Is there a way in PHPBB 2.0.4 to define the order in which posts are displayed within a thread, besides using the selection box on the bottom of each thread?

In other words, I'd like the default to be Newest to Oldest, not Oldest to Newest, on the posts within threads on my board.

In the past, when 2.0.0 was released, I installed a mod called "User post sort option" that let users define the order in their profile, but I read this mod caused problems with later updates and no longer use it.

Anyone have a suggestion? I apologize if this belongs in the Mod forum...wasn't sure if this is something I could get help with here.
zeroK
Former Team Member

Post by zeroK »

i think here you get what you're looking for :)
http://www.boardz.tk/
Image My weblog | gamerslog.com | No support via PM or ICQ or email - If you don't know a term or a program mentioned in a post -> Google is your friend
ratlhead

Post by ratlhead »

SuGa wrote: i think here you get what you're looking for :)
http://www.boardz.tk/

Thanks! Yeah, I believe that may be an updated version of the mod I used to use. However, I've been on a board this evening and I noticed that they're somehow accomplishing it differently.

Ya see, with that mod, the profile defines the sort order, meaning, if an unregistered/not logged in user visits, they'll see with the default PHPBB order. However, the board I went to today has the default switched from newest to oldest even when I'm not logged in and haven't registered, so they're not using the mod you suggested, and I was kinda hoping to finding out what this solution is that they're using.

Thoughts?
zeroK
Former Team Member

Post by zeroK »

well, perhaps they changed the settings in the database for the user with the userid -1 (guest) :)
Image My weblog | gamerslog.com | No support via PM or ICQ or email - If you don't know a term or a program mentioned in a post -> Google is your friend
fmcampos

Post by fmcampos »

I have the same need...

someone... please?
fmcampos

Post by fmcampos »

Don't know if this is what you're looking for, but if what you want is just to change the default post sort order, the solution i found is fairly simple:

Open viewtopic.php

find line:

$post_order = 'asc';
$post_time_order = 'asc';

change to:

$post_order = 'desc';
$post_time_order = 'deSC';

Well that's just about it, no mods, no trouble...worked fine for me...

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”