Need help in moving my board ^^ + Another question

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Pixiez

Need help in moving my board ^^ + Another question

Post by Pixiez »

Just wanted to know if there is anything I should double check before I more my board. We're planning on moving it from www.wee.com/Board/ to board.wee.com (These are fictive names as you'll notice XD )

Any help would be grateful.

also is it possible to have to different boards on the same webpage? I was wondering if the boards could somehow cause problems with each other on the same database.

Thank you! ^_^
GE Hosting.com

Post by GE Hosting.com »

You just need to change URLS and DIR locations in the Admin Panel. As far as having two copys of the board runing in diffrent locations. I dont think so, but im still un-sure...
Chris Gaube
Hosting . GE Hosting.com . Sales@GEHosting.com
Solutions . GE Solutions.net . Sales@GESolutions.net

- Internet Solutions That Can Be Tailored To Your Needs
Pixiez

Post by Pixiez »

>You just need to change URLS and DIR locations in the Admin Panel.

URL okay, but DIR location? I'm sorta confused. :/

I'm learning this, really! ^^
romans1423
Name: Rick Beckman

Post by romans1423 »

In the Administration Configuration Panel you'll need to check out the Domain Name and Script Path fields, as well as you're cookie settings.

As far as two phpBB's (or any other setups that will) sharing the same database, just make sure that when you install them, you use different Table Prefixes.

i.e.:

phpBB_
phpBB2_
phpBB3_
somethingelse_
whatever_

And so on. As far as I know, as long as you have space, you can put as many things in the same database as you want as long as their Table Prefixes are different.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”