Changing templates error..

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
vgn

Changing templates error..

Post by vgn »

Hi, Im new to phpbb, I used to use XMB forums but I switched over. I am experiencing problems however. I downloaded a new template and everytime I try to do the "export" thing to make it so I can use the template I keep getting this message redeatively:

The exporter could not write the theme information file. Click the button below to download this file with your browser. Once you have downloaded it you can transfer it to the directory containing the template files. You can then package the files for distribution or use elsewhere if you desire

I did what it told me but it was no help I keep getting this message. What should I do?[/i]
GE Hosting.com

Post by GE Hosting.com »

What should I do?

Exactly what it says. :)

You may have your CHMOD settings wrong in your template folder. All you need to do is download your new template folder to your local disk using a FTP program, add the file that it ask's you to download using your browser and your done. If you want to use this as your template on your board, then you will have to upload it into your template folder with your desired folder name.
Chris Gaube
Hosting . GE Hosting.com . Sales@GEHosting.com
Solutions . GE Solutions.net . Sales@GESolutions.net

- Internet Solutions That Can Be Tailored To Your Needs
vgn

Post by vgn »

Uhhh.. Yeah I tryed this a million times. I did exactly what it says and the error keeps coming back no matter what theme I try to use.

I downloaded the file and put it where its supposed to be and boom! stupid error comes back no matter what. Im trying to use phpVB2 theme but it wont work so I tryed Classic and that wont work either.

Im using Cute FTP pro its a good FTP program so I dont see why there's a problem. I have just about lost it a couple times this is so frustating. I need to know if there is a fix to this problem? Can anyone help?

The installation of the template works fine but oce I try to export it I get the theme_info.cfg file thing that it says to download. IT wont go away! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”