[Fixed] message_die() was called multiple times

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
viperv80

Post by viperv80 »

Hi there... I am having the same problem as everyone else here... I cheched my functions.php and common.php and the only time I found it was in an if statement that was just outputing the message of the error...

I don't know what to do... yesterday it was working fine :cry:
Ultima

Post by Ultima »

phpBB : Critical Error

Error doing DB query userdata row fetch

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 4

SELECT u.*, s.* FROM phpbbSE_sessions s, phpbbSE_users u WHERE s.session_id = '' AND u.user_id = s.session_user_id AND session_time >

Line : 247
File : /data/members/free/tripod/uk/s/u/p/superboards/htdocs/phpBB/includes/sessions.php

i followed everything here and i get this error...help?
unohu

finally got it to work

Post by unohu »

here is exactly what i did:

i am doing this remotely thru ftp if that helps anyone

1. changed the folder name .../templates/subsilver/ to ...templates/subSilver/ (note the capital S)

2. deleted the install and contrib folders

after that everything worked fine.

unohu
Ultima

Post by Ultima »

actually it doesn't work.

i tried installing it and got this

An error occurred trying to update the database
Table 'phpbb_auth_access' already exists

i used another prefix for the table instead of phpbb_ and the same error comes up
andysmeth

Post by andysmeth »

Open phpMyAdmin.
Select your database on the left .
Click the SQL tab at the top in the main window.
Copy the following code and paste it into the large textbox:
REPAIR TABLE phpbb_users
Hit the Go button.

Hopefully it will fix the problem..it did with mine
EagleWa1

Post by EagleWa1 »

God, I search all these message_die error posts, and not a dang thing has helped me :(
extmtbiker

Post by extmtbiker »

I did the same thing and now it says:

Parse error: parse error in /home/rolling/public_html/globe/includes/functions.php on line 269

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: encode_ip() in /home/rolling/public_html/globe/common.php on line 155

What do I do?
voodoobabe

Post by voodoobabe »

ok im hoping someone can help me here , last night an admin (there are 2 of us) resychned the games on the forum...

afterwards she got this error

phpBB : Critical Error Error doing DB query userdata row fetch DEBUG MODE SQL Error : 1226 User 'Voo' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 72000) SELECT u.*, s.* FROM phpbb_sessions s, phpbb_users u WHERE s.session_id = 'bd81b3087953c14edcd0c939ef0fc2cb' AND u.user_id = s.session_user_id Line : 235 File : /www/v/voodoobabe72/htdocs/forum/includes/sessions.php

by the time i signed on this morning the forum was working fine it appears my host only allows so many queries of mysql in 1 hour - all was happy n working ,

this afternoon she did same thing to resynch the scores (im pulling my hair out here) as i was going to eliminate alot of the game base this evening ... the site crashed around 3:30 central and now is givin this error an hour later after posting the last 1 again...

message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed to happen. Was message_die() used in page_tail.php? :oops: ~ the site is completely down , can someone please help me bring it back up?

tyvm for any responses!
css7716

Post by css7716 »

The problem (at least in my case) was that I has changed the default template form subsilver to my own template. When I upgraded, the templates directory only contained subSilver and not mine. Once I recreated mine everything worked fine!
lupus2k5

Post by lupus2k5 »

Actually I don't think your problem is phpBB. It's probably your website host. That happened to me once, but then I switched to 6te.net (just a suggestion; but it isn't that good because it's free, and it has ads).
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer »

lupus2k5 it's usually pointless to reply to a 6 month old post.
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .
EricPMetze

Post by EricPMetze »

bonelifer wrote: lupus2k5 it's usually pointless to reply to a 6 month old post.

So...uh...why not lock it?

:roll:
greggmckiernan

Post by greggmckiernan »

I have an error very much like this one, except when I visit the forum page I get
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not open template config file

DEBUG MODE

Line : 503
File : functions.php

And line 503 is as follows
message_die(CRITICAL_ERROR, "Could not open $template_name template config file", '', __LINE__, __FILE__);

The lines around it (im completely new to php) are:
$template_path = 'templates/' ;
$template_name = $row['subSilver'] ;

$template = new Template($phpbb_root_path . $template_path . $template_name);

if ( $template )
{
$current_template_path = $template_path . $template_name;
@include($phpbb_root_path . $template_path . $template_name . '/' . $template_name . '.cfg');

if ( !defined('TEMPLATE_CONFIG') )

The template I am using is called Guild Wars (config is guildwars) and the CSS is guildwars_wood

if anyone could help I'd love it :)
truth4natalee

Post by truth4natalee »

Many of us are receiving this message. We cannot access our site. Can you help us?

message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed to happen. Was message_die() used in page_tail.php?
geocator

Post by geocator »

truth4natalee wrote: Many of us are receiving this message. We cannot access our site. Can you help us?

message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed to happen. Was message_die() used in page_tail.php?

How about you start your own post. Post hijacking is rude and thread necromancy is just wrong.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”