help with admin page. error 404

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
[SOS]Toasty

help with admin page. error 404

Post by [SOS]Toasty »

Hi everyone

I wondering if you could give me a hand. I can't seem to get the administration page in my forum to work. I'm using spaceports and when i log in using my admin user name and password, the error:

Not Found
The requested URL was not found on this server.

Where these folders/files supposed to be situated, in case i have the in the wrong place.
Darlof
Former Team Member
Name: Darrell

Post by Darlof »

did you uplod every file, in ascii mode, except images which are binary? make sure you uploaded them in the correct dir structure, as you unzipped them
Bradman

same here

Post by Bradman »

I have the same problem. I tried re-uploading the entire admin folder. Chmod'd it to 777. Still didn't work. It says I don't have access to the /admin/index.php file. How can I not have access when it's 777?
chAos
Former Team Member

Post by chAos »

What URL is in the address abr when you get this error?
Bradman

Post by Bradman »

For me it is mysite/forum/admin/index.php

This is a copy of the working forum. After seeing all the upgrade problems, I figured I'd copy the whole thing to a different directory. I also copied the database, changing the config.php to match it. It works fine, except for the admin I can't get into.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”