Is anybody home? Can someone please help me?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
ericv8

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Post by ericv8 » Fri Feb 15, 2002 5:57 pm

This is more like it!! I am sorry if we suffered from some initial miscommunications or misunderstandings... I do not think you are rude and now I understand what your concerns were.

I would like to convert to RC2 (not CVS) and then to RC3 or final, however that works out... Honestly from what I see your RC2 is much more stable than my XMB 1.11d is anyway! And my user base is still small. Thank you for your offer of help. I will now hope that there is a converter XMB to iBv2 :D

ericv8

Post by ericv8 » Fri Feb 15, 2002 6:00 pm

hsim wrote: [EDIT, NEW]
Is XMB database based? I think so. If you get hold of an XMB => iB 2 converter it won't destroy anything since it'll create text files and not alter the database in any way

XMB is PHP/mySQL... I hope that answers your question

The reason I am so scared to try this is because when I attempted to upgrade one of my other forums from XMB v1.11d to 1.5rc2 the upgrade script killed my forum and they could not help me to get it to work again... So I am a little nervous about the whole process

hsim

Post by hsim » Fri Feb 15, 2002 6:07 pm

an iB2 convertor (if you find any) definitely can't do any harm to your database, at least afaik :D
email me: hsim at gmx.li

devoutus

Post by devoutus » Sat Feb 16, 2002 4:27 am

i could be wrong on this i am not a meber of the team. but you may need to wait untill the finla reless. the db struter is stable, but it could change and their will be no converters from rc1 to rc2 to rc3 to final. and if the database changes you would have to do the changes your self requering knolage of whatever data base you use also. just trying to help. sorry if i am wrong on this.
but i think the rc verstions of phpbb are only for advanced users to help beta test..

trenzterra

Post by trenzterra » Sat Feb 16, 2002 8:55 am

btw XMB is up now.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”