:: Registration Error: Please Help ::

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
zerogx0

:: Registration Error: Please Help ::

Post by zerogx0 »

My friends have reported to me that after they submit the registration info, the forum says their account doesn't exist. I did not activate the account activation so that is not the problem. They do not show up in the member list either.
After they register, they are redirected to the omdex.php directory.

Another similar problem is when i try to update my profile, it returns me back to the index.php directory. I have been accessing my forum through my admin account and it works.

I appreciate all help.
primedomain
Former Team Member

Post by primedomain »

zerogx0

Corrections

Post by zerogx0 »

in the fifth line i meant the index.php directory not omdex.php directory.

And about the updating profile error, After I am redirected, the updates that i made do not show up.
Bradman

Post by Bradman »

primedomain wrote: take a look at this topic: http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=26

Where is the php.ini file? I don't see it anywhere.
zerogx0

Thanx

Post by zerogx0 »

I appreciate your fast help very much My problem was both with the avatars and the cool freepage host.

I have no more profile problems, but people are encountering a blank screan when they submit register info. I told them to return to index.php and their account we'll be created.

Thank You very much.
primedomain
Former Team Member

Post by primedomain »

Bradman: if you don't see it, you don't have access to :wink: . You might be authorised to upload a 'local' php.ini which will overwrite the 'global' php.ini values. However, usually this is not possible in shared environment hosting.

zerogx0:
phpBB does not work properly on coolfreepages due to the coolfreepages server setup.
coolfreepages FAQ --> Security wrote: Why I can not run functions mail() and phpinfo()
For security reasons those functions and all sockets functions are disabled. Please do not use it in your PHP programs.

You will encounter several problems, e.g. blank pages, email problems, users can't register. It is recommended to use a different host.

requirements
recommended hosts
find a host here or here or here or here

Tutorial: Installation Instructions for lycos.co.uk
"Inofficial" tutorial for Spaceports

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”