RC-3 now available for download

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Eelke
Name: Eelke Blok

Post by Eelke »

What files do you mean? The readme-links open fine for me, the download link is fine as well, takes me to the file area at SourceForge. Maybe it was a temporary problem?
bigrash9

Post by bigrash9 »

I just updated from RC2 to RC3 and I'm getting this error when I go to the amin panel:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /usr/home/bigrash/public_html/forums/admin/index.php on line 568

anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
buz

Readme files .... etc

Post by buz »

Eelke

Yes - those are the files i was referring to. Apparently NN4.78 doesn't handle something related to those files. Opened them fine in NN6.2.1 - also found them in simpletext in the phpBB (rc3) folder.
Daz

Post by Daz »

Just installed RC-3 on my test domain and it was ultra-unpainful :D :D
Please and Thank You works wonders...
I reserve the right to post illogical (and totally wrong) replies.
...It's the subtle perfection in attention to detail that makes your work rock the way it does - cdkrg
Think simple - it's not necessarily what you draw that matters, it's what you perceive - Daz

Note: ForumImages<dot>com is no longer anything to do with me.
nzAnon

Post by nzAnon »

Anybody here who is boasting of their trouble free upgrade from RC-2 want to share the exact details of what they did? Please, be explicit.
(And yes, i read the manual and the "install issues" forum, even asked the question there too, just that seeing you guys BOASTING of your success, well, come on, share the joy).
Eelke
Name: Eelke Blok

Post by Eelke »

nzAnon wrote: Anybody here who is boasting of their trouble free upgrade from RC-2 want to share the exact details of what they did? Please, be explicit.

Why aren't you first explicit about your problems? There really isn't anything more to it than what is listed in the instructions. At least I don't think I did anything special. Except maybe for temporarily moving the forum to a password protected area to be able to goof up without it being norticed online :roll:

[nzAnon started a topic about his problem in another topic, I think I have the solution to his problem, posted there.]
Raptor

Moderator problem?

Post by Raptor »

I'm getting this error when trying to add a moderator:
Couldn't update private forum permissions

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax near ' 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0)' at line 2

INSERT INTO forum_auth_access (forum_id, group_id, auth_read, auth_post, auth_reply, auth_edit, auth_delete, auth_sticky, auth_vote, auth_pollcreate, auth_mod) VALUES (13, , 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0)

Line : 379
File : /hosted/schangar/forum/admin/admin_ug_auth.php

I think this error has something to do with the blank value for group_id.
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

hi=)

No problem with upgrade! but i see that language is still italian!!! i have not upgrade language files yet!

why it works?
mamell

Post by mamell »

Ok Here we go...RB has been running rc2 forever it seems flawlessly and now WD gets to fiddle with rc3 and I'll have to spend 2 weeks explaining to them how much better it is than the old iB they're running and won't budge from ... They're iBcurious ??
All looks supurb to this point! ;)

M

OOps RB is recoveryboard and wd is watchdog... two different sites.. I'll leave out the urls so I don't look like a spammer :arrow: But if anyone is having drug issues drop me a line and I'll give ya the sites as a public service ;)
***^^This AIN'T your grandma's signature!^^***
sarmadys

Post by sarmadys »

Hello Everyone,

With the help of vBulletin coverter I moved my board with about 5000 messages to phpBB RC3. Tho most important complaint that I have received from tens of people is that their Attachments have gone and they can not attach their files in this new software.

I worry if it could be practical to use attach mod (posted on mods forum) as we have not reached final version and it needs separate backup from its tables.

Also I have used phpBB 1 and 2 (Pre RC,RC1, RC2 and RC3) on about 15 web sites But unfortunately it seems to me that my users encounter more bugs in RC3 (am I right?).

Mac
joshpape

Post by joshpape »

Is the attachment mod going through to the final release of phpbb2?
psoTFX
Former Team Member

Post by psoTFX »

er, no, that's why it's a mod ... we don't add hacks/mods to phpBB
Bear

Post by Bear »

joshpape wrote: Is the attachment mod going through to the final release of phpbb2?

No. Version 2.0 is feature frozen. However, hold on to your request until they open up the board for 2.2 requests.
Bear
Got a thing for fashion? So do we at the Fashion Spot.
Let us give you the Royal Treatment at Les Tribunes Royales.
joshpape

Post by joshpape »

ok, sorry.

just thought it was a really good mod!!
SK

Post by SK »

Just updated my forum. Fast as hell and I notice a frav feature of most forums which was on RC-2 is that you can use Alt and S to post.
N1 boys :)

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”