I committed an error At A Update 2.0.23

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Ivanet

I committed an error At A Update 2.0.23

Post by Ivanet »

Friends:

I have the following problem: Wishing to upgrade my forum 2.0.22 to 2.0.23 I committed the mistake of downloading the upgrade from the link "Download Release Legacy" (rather than from "phpBB 2.0.23 Changed Files Only" which is where is the update that I needed), then uploading files to the server, go to the home page installation where there is the option UPDATE ... Then fill out the form, and I salio the following message:

"Its configuration can not be saved at this time (probably because it has maintained the rights of config.php file as" single Reading "). A copy of the configuration will be downloaded to your hard disk when you click on the link below ... "

But when I give the command "Please send the file to me and I will send it manually" leads me back to the home page installation (and repeatedly) ... Therefore, I can not perform the update ... And my forum is not working...

Does anyone know how to fix this problem ...??? Thank you in advance for your help ...

Ivanet
P.D. Please, excuseme for my "little-english"
Ivanet

Re: I committed an error At A Update 2.0.23

Post by Ivanet »

I already solved my problem: I set up manually config.php file (according to the instructions on this page: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=19243) and I loaded it to the server. Then, I continue with the instructions of the "INSTALL" and finally delete folders "INSTALL /" and "CONTRIB /"... And ready ... Of course I had to reload my MODS and other personal settings ...
Thanks...
Ivanet
:D
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

Ivanet wrote:I already solved my problem: I set up manually config.php file (according to the instructions on this page: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=19243) and I loaded it to the server. Then, I continue with the instructions of the "INSTALL" and finally delete folders "INSTALL /" and "CONTRIB /"... And ready ... Of course I had to reload my MODS and other personal settings ...
Thanks...
Ivanet
:D
good work,

however, next time, follow the instructions for updating.

you do NOT run the install when updating.
you do NOT touch the config.php file at all.
If you have MODs installed, you should be doing the code changes method which does not involve uploading the contrib folder at all and only involves uploading the included install folder so you can run the database update script.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
Ivanet

Post by Ivanet »

good work,

however, next time, follow the instructions for updating.

you do NOT run the install when updating.
you do NOT touch the config.php file at all.
If you have MODs installed, you should be doing the code changes method which does not involve uploading the contrib folder at all and only involves uploading the included install folder so you can run the database update script.

robert
Ok, Robert...

Thank you for your advice. We will take into account... :geek:

Ivanet

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”