group troubles...

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
gerald_boudreaux

group troubles...

Post by gerald_boudreaux » Thu Mar 07, 2002 2:20 am

I have an issue with groups on my forum... I was running phpbb2 RC2, did an upgrade and had an issue where when you clicked on the Usergroups at the top of the forum.. you got a page stating that no groups exist

after consulting with another phpbb user, we decided something may have been corrupted during the upgrade... so I zorched the database, and all of the files from my server and re-uploaded everything, and created a new database, ran the install and configured things.

I've created several groups, given them permissions to my forums.. but when you click on the usergroups button.. it STILL says no groups exist??

any suggestions?? as I need to make my forums private and hidden..

thanks in advance,
Gerald C. Boudreaux
St. Martinville, LA

sixty6km

Maybe I found it ...

Post by sixty6km » Thu Mar 07, 2002 10:48 am

I made it by editing the file /groupcp.php ... Find the line #1095 and comment the lines #1095 up to 1098 as follows:

Code: Select all

// else
// {
//     message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $lang['No_groups_exist']);
// }
The "message_die"-command exits the script before displaying the groups where the user is NOT a member in.

Hope that was helpful.

Klaus

gerald_boudreaux

Re: Maybe I found it ...

Post by gerald_boudreaux » Thu Mar 07, 2002 12:28 pm

that fixed it...thanks a BUNCH.

sixty6km wrote: I made it by editing the file /groupcp.php ... Find the line #1095 and comment the lines #1095 up to 1098 as follows:

// else
// {
// }
The "message_die"-command exits the script before displaying the groups where the user is NOT a member in.

Hope that was helpful.

Klaus

CrazyPhil

Post by CrazyPhil » Sat Mar 16, 2002 4:18 am

If i log on as a new user I still don't see any usergroups.

is this where the code should be?

"POSTS" => $posts,
// else 
// { 
// } 
					"USER_ID" => $user_id, 

Thanks for any help,

-Phil

z00om

Post by z00om » Sat Mar 16, 2002 6:13 am

I can't figure out how to add people to user groups! I made a group, set up all its permissions, but the only member is the moderator! How do I add people to the user group?!

primedomain
Former Team Member

Post by primedomain » Sat Mar 16, 2002 10:46 am

z00om wrote: I can't figure out how to add people to user groups! How do I add people to the user group?!

Click "usergroups" at the top of the page (and not in the admin panel), select group, scroll down, enter username, click "add". You have to be logged in as admin/mod of this group of course. If you are logged in as a normal user, you can click "join this group". Currently you get an error message "No groups exist", that's a known bug (already in the bug tracker)
HTH

hopeful

Post by hopeful » Tue Apr 09, 2002 9:06 pm

Ok, I just wanted to check on this one. I've read another thread where this is suggested as a fix. Also, there is a bug report out on this problem which is now closed and says that this has been fixed. However, I was having the same problem in phpBB2.0 (clean install) and had to do this fix of commenting out the lines:

// else
// {
// message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $lang['No_groups_exist']);
// }

Upon doing that, everything was fine.

Is this still a problem in phpBB2.0? It seems weird, because it was supposedly fixed before. I'm just worried I'm messing something else up, but this seems to have fixed the problem.

Any thoughts?

P.S. Please don't kill me if this is in the wrong place. I get confused with all the tracking of bugs and threads and whatnot. 8O

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”