banners

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
diversifiedtechnology

banners

Post by diversifiedtechnology »

is it possible to use the banners that I have set up with phpnuke in phpbb2?? this would be a big help.. thanks
Blackman

Re: banners

Post by Blackman »

do you mean the banner at the t.right of the forum?
Matthijs
Former Team Member

Post by Matthijs »

You should add a {BANNER_CODE} tag to overall_header.tpl at the correct position and make your banner program fill this variable (using the template class) in includes/page_header.php.
If you need more info, post here. But not before you have taken a look at the source of includes/page_header.php and tried to understand how the template class fills the template variables.
phpBB Converter Team Member
Developer of the vBulletin 2.x.x -> phpBB 2.0.x Converter
See Matthijs.net for more info
MobileBadBoy

Post by MobileBadBoy »

I've sat here for the past couple of hours, and although I've learned some new and interesting things, I still have not figured out how to get this straight.

I've got ad.php, which is the normal <? include ?> file. I've got it assigned to {BANNER_ROTATE} by this (i think this is right):

Code: Select all

$template->set_filenames(array(
		"BANNER_ROTATE" => "ad.php")
	);
Then I have "BANNER_ROTATE" => $xxxxx (made up a name, as from what I've read, it can be anything) down in the vars array. I'm not understanding that though, where the $xxxxx gets defined. :?

I'm trying, but as 4:00 am rolls up, my will to "do it myself" and my thought processing has faded. I'd like to get my current banner system worked in, as it is set in to the rest of my site already.

edit: I also have {BANNER_ROTATE} in place of where I want the banner. I'm just not getting that one step.
MobileBadBoy

Post by MobileBadBoy »

So is this not right :?:

Maybe someone could please point me in the right direction? I have searched on this topic, and out of 2 pages of searches, there's not one solid piece of help. Not one that I found anyway.
MobileBadBoy

Post by MobileBadBoy »

Thanks for all the help.

I just went about it another way.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”