How Can i use these commands in my Phpbb

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Hassan Syed

How Can i use these commands in my Phpbb

Post by Hassan Syed »

Hi to all
Can u tell me where to use thees following two commands in Phpbb the problem coming to me is that my board name is not coming in search of google & when i contect to my hosting they give me two commands which are given below & according to them after applying these commands my board name will come in google search

1. Meta Tag

2. Meta Distruction
Last edited by KevC on Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Purple colouring removed.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: How Can i use these commands in my Phpbb

Post by stevemaury »

Google ignores meta tags. They are a waste of time. But you can put them in templates/your_template/overall_header.tpl if it makes you feel better.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Hassan Syed

Post by Hassan Syed »

Is there any other way that in goolge search my board name appears ??
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Google will search all your board, all the time. Just be patient. I bet this topic is already on Google and this site does nothing for that to happen.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Post by ric323 »

stevemaury wrote:Google will search all your board, all the time. Just be patient. I bet this topic is already on Google and this site does nothing for that to happen.
It is, I checked a few minutes ago :)

The best way to get Google to scan your board, is to have links to your board from other websites.
Now you are not allowed to just post links to your website in your messages here, but you ARE allowed to have a link to it in your signature, and in the "website" link in your profile. phpbb.com is a very busy site, so Google will notice the links very quickly.
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions
abusedemailaddress

Post by abusedemailaddress »

Actually, I discovered another guaranteed way to get Google to scan your site... Get yourself an Adsense account, and put some ads on the board. On one board, we put some at the bottom (where members rarely look anyway), and it went to 12th on search rankings for the relevant search words, because Google "suddenly" had many more pages indexed. No other changes to content, meta keywords, or links from other sites.

No significant revenue, but that wasn't why we did it...
The abuse will continue until morale improves!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”