please help - browser issues!!!

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
invader
I've Been Banned!

please help - browser issues!!!

Post by invader »

so I'm almost done with editing my new forum and it looks great - thanks to you guys!

However, I'm almost ready to publish it on my site ( http://www.classicgaming.com/invader/forum.html) and I am finding that my header/image isn't loading in Mozilla - although it is still there if I load it up in IE.

What's going on???

Thanks in anticipation.

David
Erisar
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Sarmany

Post by Erisar »

I'm pretty sure this has something to do with GZip compression. Try turning GZip off on your board, and see if that helps.
My Twitter · Erisar Design [Web Development and Graphic Design]
invader
I've Been Banned!

Post by invader »

thanks for the prompt reply. As it happens, it wasn't anything to do with 'GZip compression' as this was already set to OFF. I think it's a Mozilla-related problem - sometimes the CACHE ca store all sorts of crap and mess with the layout of web pages without actually changing anything in the webpage code itself. Alas, I'm a Mozilla junkie due to it's speed, pop-blocking and tabbed browsing that I can't let it go...

I think I need to see a therapist... perhaps the MA (Mozilla Anonymous).

:roll:
invader
I've Been Banned!

Post by invader »

....(continuing)... I deleted the CACHE in Mozilla and everything turned out fine.

Thanks.
primedomain
Former Team Member

Post by primedomain »

AFAIK this (?) cache problem should be fixed with the latest version of Mozilla (see topic in General Chat).
kkks

Post by kkks »

If you are a bit lazy to delete Cache, try shift-reload.
SillyDog701: Netscape Browser Archive | Browser Version Guide | Message Centre | MacCentre701
MozInfo - Mozilla Information Centre

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”