phpbb_db_backup re-import probs, xtra return breaks

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
bort70

phpbb_db_backup re-import probs, xtra return breaks

Post by bort70 »

Hi... I'm in the midst of moving to new host.

The backup file was created by phpBB.
The phpbb_search_wordlist table freezes the import via bigdump. It appears certain characters break the dump (curly quotes, euro currency symbols, etc).
I can restore my DB (about 125mb -- roughly a 380mb full backup) if I delete the wordlist. I'm going to give "rebuild_search_2.4.0" a try.

I've read a few solutions, I'm testing them out but hopefully someone can leave some tips?

One weird thing I noticed, the DB size in the admin panel has is listed as "Not available". There are also extra returns everywhere. Seems like where there was one return break, there are two in its place. This is through out the site, posts... sigs.... every where. Can there be something done about it?

thanks
Last edited by bort70 on Thu May 15, 2008 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

bort70

Re: phpbb_db_backup re-import probs, xtra return breaks& bigdump

Post by bort70 »

Alright, was able to restore with bigdump, I just had to remove the entries for "phpbb_search_wordlist". I uploaded a separate file "phpbb_search_wordlist" entries and used "REPLACE INTO phpbb_search_wordlist"

But there are a few glitches:
1 - According to myphpadmin, out of about 72,000 records, 15 are missing. Should I be concerned?
2 - According to myphpadmin, the original DB size was 126MB, the same DB imported is 150MB. For both, the TYPE is MyISAM and the Collation is latin1_swedish_ci
3 - I'm still getting the extra breaks. Looking at the tables in myphpadmin, the original records also have extra returns but don't show it when I look at posts on my original forum
4 - The DB size in the admin panel is still listed as "Not available"

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”