[s] Installation error line 48, 330, and 331

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Yul_Pilot

[s] Installation error line 48, 330, and 331

Post by Yul_Pilot »

Hello, I have installed this exact board with no problems, but my new provider http://www.5gbhosting.com/5gbplans.htm, must have his server set up differently, so I referred him to http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Access_denied.html

My provider does not seem to know how to fix this problem! It's been weeks! Is there way to recode mysql4.php to somehow make it work with the way my provider set up his install scripts?

I understand that you create the install scripts based on general practices of web hosting providers. See below and let me know how I can recode to make it work.

Warning: Access denied for user: 'YulPilot@localhost' (Using password: YES) /phpBB2/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /phpBB2/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /phpBB2/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

Thanks,

Pascal
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Does your host use MySQL 4.x? Try choosing 3.x to be sure.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
Yul_Pilot

Yes

Post by Yul_Pilot »

He uses MySQL 4.0.12 , and I have tried installing the Board both ways using 3.X and 4.X

same error message
spookylaban

Re: Installation error line 48, 330, and 331

Post by spookylaban »

Yul_Pilot wrote: Warning: Access denied for user: 'YulPilot@localhost' (Using password: YES) /phpBB2/db/mysql4.php on line 48

This one is about access-rights to your MySql-server.

However, the second problem you experience I have as well, and I have no clue on how to solve it! :(
chAos
Former Team Member

Post by chAos »

Only your host knows the username and password you should use to access the database.
Yul_Pilot

Problem solved sort of!

Post by Yul_Pilot »

Well, I am requesting a charge back from my credit caompany for that hosting provider!

They are clueless!

I never had problems installing this great board.

Thanks for your assistance

Pascal
spookylaban

Post by spookylaban »

Pascal:

My problems are now solved :)
(nice huh?! I lost my brain for a while hehe)

:D
modtang

Post by modtang »

I'm getting this same error. I had the phpBB running smoothly on my site until yesterday I accidentally deleted the MySQL database I was using. Now I am trying to reinstall the BB and I get this error. Any ideas? I deleted the files and re-uploaded them just to make sure I hadn't missed anything but I just keep getting the same error. Argh!
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Make sure the username & password are correct.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
spookylaban

Post by spookylaban »

This shows the need of always keeping backups huh?! :oops:

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”