Bug in SQL pruning code? (Was: Pruning fails!)

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Thecko

Post by Thecko »

Thecko wrote: The pruning code is missing a quite vital indexed field comparison to speed up the initial select of what posts to prune ... add the following to the code and those users on high load boards specifically may see a slight speed increase :wink:

AND p.topic_id=t.topic_id

Guys, having just upgraded my phpBB to a fresh install of 2.0.11 (due to a server move and an old sql backup) I have found that this bug has still not been fixed

It is one line of code that needs appending to prune.php (around line 42), this can't be difficult to get in to a release bug fix version surely? there must be loads of phpBB forums running out there that are suffering horrendous loss of speed when using auto-pruning that they have no idea how to fix.
asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq »

I just pruned my test board remotely and locked things up on both my test board and my live board. Disastrous. I am 1500 miles away from my server and can't get home for days, so I can't get to my server to reboot.

Let me ask this: if I can somehow find a neighbor to go into my house and reboot, will that fix everything or is recovery more involved than a simple reboot??
asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq »

To answer my own question for the benefit of others who may run into this: yes, a plain old reboot does the trick.
soapgirlie

Post by soapgirlie »

Violet's code fix worked for me! I hadn't been able to get my forum to prune for anything. Thank you! :)
tbartold

Post by tbartold »

I've been having trouble pruning a 2.0.19 board, and guess what? The code fix suggested here works!

I'm really amazed that a bug discovered in 2.0.4 is still in the code.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”