Help in my forum with posting, editing, ...

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
beautibella

Help in my forum with posting, editing, ...

Post by beautibella »

Ok I am not sure how to explain this but when you go to post or edit or log in you can't place the curser where you want it with your mouse you can't click it where you want it. Any idea what may be going on with my forum?
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Help in my forum with posting, editing, ...

Post by Brf »

Is it just you, or all of your users?
ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

Post by ChrisRLG »

Brf - I think you are on the right track.

beautibella

Dependant on it being just yourself or all your users, you might want to follow the following advice.
approved by the Incident Investigation Team wrote:For cleaning of your forum and/or server, please refer to the phpBB Incident tracker.

For cleaning of your own or your users' PCs that may have become infected from this incident, a third-party website can provide further help. The website contains a list of forums manned by specially trained experts in cleaning Microsoft Windows Client Machines (such as Vista & Windows XP). Not something that can be done here at phpBB.com.
If it is more than just yourself - you need to post to the incident tracker - and you may still wish to take up the offer of free checks of your home systems at the third party websites.

If it is just yourself, which I feel is the most likely, get your own system checked out. It could be just a hardware fault, but might be more.
phpBB: The All Important Rules - Bertie Bear 3.0 - No support via PM system - use the forums please.
phpBB v2: Retirement (1/1/2009) : phpBB v3: Read Me Topic - Custom BBCodes - Support Template
Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."
My Links: MS MVP (Consumer Security) - Malware Removal:University - Own Forum: Custom BBCode testing
beautibella

Post by beautibella »

I went to the incident tracker and they told me to come back here so now what? Some of my other members are also having troubles and this only happens at my forum which is so odd because it doesn't happen here or at any other forum I am in. :cry:
Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Name: David Lewis

Post by Highway of Life »

Curser placement is not an incident/security issue. So it would be a support issue. :)
ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

Post by ChrisRLG »

beautibella

In which case can we have a support template filled in - it might give us a little more info to go on to help you.

Please fill out the Support Request Template.
phpBB: The All Important Rules - Bertie Bear 3.0 - No support via PM system - use the forums please.
phpBB v2: Retirement (1/1/2009) : phpBB v3: Read Me Topic - Custom BBCodes - Support Template
Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."
My Links: MS MVP (Consumer Security) - Malware Removal:University - Own Forum: Custom BBCode testing
beautibella

Post by beautibella »

The following is the basic SRT
Your board's URL: http://dreams.essenceofdreamdolls.com
Version of phpBB2: phpBB 2.0.23
Was this a fresh install or a(n) update/upgrade/conversion (please be specific)? I have had it for awhile and it was a fresh install when I installed it.
Was this an install through your host? ftp
MODs you have installed: EasyMOD, Smilies Order ,Customizable admin and modérators colors, Users Color Everywhere, Cash Mod, "News Block" Mod, Page Permissions, Anti-Spam ACP, Glow and Shadow effects BBcode Hack, Glow and Shadow effects BBcode Hack ADD-ON, Birthdays, Shop Mod, Advance Signature Divider Control, Avatar in PM Inbox/Sent Box/Outbox/Savebox, Anti-spam ACP 2.0.8 to 2.0.9 upgrade, Forum Logo Selector MOD

When the problem started: After I installed the forum logo mod I think that's when I noticed.

Additionally, you may wish to provide the following (where applicable)
Template(s) used: bitpink
Language(s) used: English
Version of PHP used: 2
Database and version used:Mysql 5
Jim_UK
Former Team Member

Post by Jim_UK »

Can you supply a test account? (PM it to me if you wish)
You say that you can not click into the text entry boxes to log in but I can.

Jim
The truth is out there.
Unfortunately they will not let you anywhere near it!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”