IPB2.3.3 to phpbb2.0.23

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Locked
laior
Registered User
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 12:17 pm

IPB2.3.3 to phpbb2.0.23

Post by laior » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:37 pm

Hello,

I have a problem during the conversion IPB to phpbb, I follow the readme for install it and modif the file conf.php but I have this problem, dunno how to fix it so if you can help me please.

this is the screen of my problem
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/4738 ... bb2nz4.jpg

Thanks for your help !

User avatar
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Posts: 11812
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:38 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Name: Richard Foote
Contact:

Re: IPB2.3.3 to phpbb2.0.23

Post by D¡cky » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:14 pm

The convertor can't find your phpBB2 tables.

phpBB2 needs to be installed and working.
The IPB and phpBB2 tables need to be in the same database.
Have you hugged someone today?

laior
Registered User
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 12:17 pm

Re: IPB2.3.3 to phpbb2.0.23

Post by laior » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:26 pm

D¡cky wrote:The convertor can't find your phpBB2 tables.

phpBB2 needs to be installed and working.
The IPB and phpBB2 tables need to be in the same database.
Phppb2 is intalled and work
And IPB and phpbb2 tables are in the same database
I'm on wamp
phpbb is located in :C:\wamp\www\phpBB222
and IPB :C:\wamp\www\ipb
they work fine both and the prefix is ibf_.
Dunno what's wrong :s

User avatar
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Posts: 11812
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:38 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Name: Richard Foote
Contact:

Re: IPB2.3.3 to phpbb2.0.23

Post by D¡cky » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:34 pm

When editing conf.php, enter your IPB table prefix, not the phpBB table prefix.
Have you hugged someone today?

laior
Registered User
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 12:17 pm

Re: IPB2.3.3 to phpbb2.0.23

Post by laior » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:08 pm

I had do that, my IPB table is ibf_ and the prefix is ibf by default
I try to install IPB with an other prefix and change if on conf.php but that didn't work.

User avatar
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Posts: 11812
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:38 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Name: Richard Foote
Contact:

Re: IPB2.3.3 to phpbb2.0.23

Post by D¡cky » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:49 pm

Did you place the convertor files in the phpBB root directory, so to get to the convertor you browse to {phpBB_root_directory}/convert/index.php?

Somehow when you are running the convertor, it is looking for the phpbb table prefix and not the IPB table prefix. Make sure you are editing the conf.php file that is in the convert directory.
Have you hugged someone today?

laior
Registered User
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 12:17 pm

Re: IPB2.3.3 to phpbb2.0.23

Post by laior » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:34 pm

D¡cky wrote:Did you place the convertor files in the phpBB root directory, so to get to the convertor you browse to {phpBB_root_directory}/convert/index.php?
Yes I did

I show you a screen
My table of ipb, my file conf.php
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/2828/ipbphpbbyj7.jpg
I think the problem come from my conf.php but I don't know the problem

User avatar
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Posts: 11812
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:38 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Name: Richard Foote
Contact:

Re: IPB2.3.3 to phpbb2.0.23

Post by D¡cky » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:22 pm

When you run the convertor, you are browsing to localhost\phpBB222\ib2phpbb\index.php and to browse the phpBB2 forum, you browse to localhost\phpBB222\index.php?

The IPB tables and the phpBB tables need to be in the same database and that database needs to be the database that phpBB is connecting to. Your image shows that the name of your database is ipb. I don't think that is the database that phpBB is connected to.
Have you hugged someone today?

laior
Registered User
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 12:17 pm

Re: IPB2.3.3 to phpbb2.0.23

Post by laior » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:57 pm

D¡cky wrote:When you run the convertor, you are browsing to localhost\phpBB222\ib2phpbb\index.php and to browse the phpBB2 forum, you browse to localhost\phpBB222\index.php?
Yes
The IPB tables and the phpBB tables need to be in the same database and that database needs to be the database that phpBB is connecting to. Your image shows that the name of your database is ipb. I don't think that is the database that phpBB is connected to.
IPB is my Database Name for my IPB forum, phpBB222 is my Database Name for phpbb2.23, my database on wamp is the same for every forum installed, no? Just the name change?
For me they are on the same database but maybe I'm wrong.

User avatar
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Posts: 11812
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:38 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Name: Richard Foote
Contact:

Re: IPB2.3.3 to phpbb2.0.23

Post by D¡cky » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:08 am

laior wrote:IPB is my Database Name for my IPB forum, phpBB222 is my Database Name for phpbb2.23, my database on wamp is the same for every forum installed, no? Just the name change?
For me they are on the same database but maybe I'm wrong.
You have two separate databases for IPB and phpBB. The IPB tables need to be in the phpBB222 database.
Have you hugged someone today?

laior
Registered User
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 12:17 pm

Re: IPB2.3.3 to phpbb2.0.23

Post by laior » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:44 pm

D¡cky wrote:
laior wrote:IPB is my Database Name for my IPB forum, phpBB222 is my Database Name for phpbb2.23, my database on wamp is the same for every forum installed, no? Just the name change?
For me they are on the same database but maybe I'm wrong.
You have two separate databases for IPB and phpBB. The IPB tables need to be in the phpBB222 database.
Erf, I thought I was on the same database since the beginning, I thought "wamp" was only one database and just the name change for database.
Thanks a lot, that works now ! :)

laior
Registered User
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 12:17 pm

Re: IPB2.3.3 to phpbb2.0.23

Post by laior » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:15 pm

Last thing, the conversion works fine now but passwords after the conversion IPB to phpbb2 are not converted.
It exists a solution for converting them?

User avatar
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Posts: 11812
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:38 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Name: Richard Foote
Contact:

Re: IPB2.3.3 to phpbb2.0.23

Post by D¡cky » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:29 pm

THe instructions that come with the convertor tell you how to make the passwords work.
Have you hugged someone today?

Locked

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”