"Table prefix needs to be..."

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Matt8305

"Table prefix needs to be..."

Post by Matt8305 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:32 am

I'm trying to convert my 2.x board to the 3.x board. I get to the convert screen, but upon entering all the information required, it gives me the message that the Table prefix isn't correct. It also lists what the prefix should be (phpbb_, the standard) but it wont get past this screen. I'm 101% positive my 2.x table prefix is phpbb_ since I never changed it but still, it tells me it isn't correct.

I rechecked everything a zillion times but I don't know what to do. I even installed a mirror 2.x and 3.x install and even then it gives me the same errors. Thats pretty weird on a fresh install! I also disabled the scource board but that didn't help either. Now what I did notice is that my 2.x installation is on Mysql4 while the 3.x install is made in mysql5. This is something my provider does apparently.

any idea's how to succeed in converting my 2.x to 3.x?

Kind regards,

Matt

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Re: "Table prefix needs to be..."

Post by karlsemple » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:34 am

I'm 101% positive my 2.x table prefix is phpbb_ since I never changed it but still, it tells me it isn't correct.
Open your phpBB2 boards config.php and check the table prefix in the file as that will tell you what the exact prefix is...just to be sure you are using the correct one.

When you installed your phpBB3 board did you install it into the same database as the phpBB2 boards database and what table prefix did you use for the phpBB3 install?

Matt8305

Post by Matt8305 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:50 am

Thank you for the fast reply :D

I checked the config file
$table_prefix = 'phpbb_';
I installed it in a different database. Well, my provider did since I used a auto-installer. Did I had to install it in the same database?

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:10 am

You can use either.
If you use the same database you need a different table prefix. If you use a different database you don't necessarily need a different prefix.

The conversion page is asking you for info about the 2x board. All of the info it wants is in the phpBB2 config.php file. Make sure you've got that exactly right.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Matt8305

Post by Matt8305 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:11 pm

Found out what I did wrong now, it was in the database details :)

Thanks for the quick support!

Regards

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”