Snitz to phpbb

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
RalucaM

Re: Snitz to phpbb

Post by RalucaM » Wed May 28, 2008 3:35 pm

Oh, I noticed that it happens after, because of the way I generate ID for the first post (they have higher IDs than the remaining posts). I thought to change the convertor to generate IDs in increasing order. I also started writing a convertor directly to v3. But I didn't finish that. As you suggest, I better fix the older convertor :). Thanks!

SpongeWeb

Post by SpongeWeb » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:23 pm

How can I change the database from InnoDB > MyISAM ?

snitz made it InnoDB and now phpbb3.0.2 wont upgrade for some reason, it just times out (its not a server issue)

thanks
A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and will sing, when you forget the words..

D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:14 pm

You can change the engine with phpMyAdmin. View the structure of the table you want to change and click the Operations tab. You will have the option to change the storage type.

Or you could enter this query into the sql window

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE `phpbb_config`  ENGINE = MYISAM
using your table prefix and the table name for the table you want to change.

I use InnoDB tables on a lot of my forums and never had a problem upgrading so I am not sure this is going to solve your issue. Since this is not a conversion issue, but an upgrade issue, ask in the support forum if you have any further questions.
Have you hugged someone today?

SpongeWeb

Post by SpongeWeb » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:53 pm

I did, noone answered, I think its my breath..

thanks man :D
A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and will sing, when you forget the words..

akintosyali

Post by akintosyali » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:48 pm

I need to convert my snitz DB from access to mysql so that I can make this conversion.
I am using MS Access to sql (free software) for the conversion. (http://www.bullzip.com/products/a2m/info.php)

I downloaded the access db to my desktop. there are no passwords on it. I run the application, and it says: Reason: [MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver]Unknown MySQL server host 'local' (11001)

Does anyone know why? Or any easier way to convert access to mysql?

SpongeWeb

Post by SpongeWeb » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:20 am

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”