Snitz to phpbb

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Kimbote

Sorting of Topics?

Post by Kimbote »

RalucaM wrote: I fixed the sorting of topics problem (because of the last post id field). The last version is now ver1.5: http://mraluca.go.ro/snitz2phpbb2.htm

First - Thank You SOOOO Much for taking the time to develop this convertor. Our Snitz BB was built by someone else and we've been wanting to "upgrade" to a more professional forum for quite some time.

Second - I've recently converted our database successful but our messages in each forum are not listed in chronological order. Is this the sorting issue that you are referring to? I've confirmed that I used v1.5 thogh.

Any thoughts?
dgl3rd

Post by dgl3rd »

Everything worked great!! But I'm having the same sorting order problem as Kimbote. In fact, the order changes depending on how many days worth of posts you decide to show.

Any fixes to this yet? :)
RalucaM

Post by RalucaM »

The only fixed I could find till now is to replace a line from viewforum.php.

Search for this section (probably line 310):

310 //
311 // Grab all the basic data (all topics except announcements)
312 // for this forum
313 //

and replace this line:

323 ORDER BY t.topic_type DESC, t.topic_last_post_id DESC

with this:

323 ORDER BY t.topic_type DESC, t.topic_time DESC

because in snitz the last_post_id doesn't reflect (in all situattions) the correct order of the topics.

Tell me if this fixed your problem or is something else.
dgl3rd

Post by dgl3rd »

Well, that's either a bit closer or just different. Still not right though. :)

I "think" I see the problem....

In Snitz's FORUM_TOPICS table, in field T_LAST_POST_REPLY_ID I have several very old posts where the T_LAST_POST_REPLY_ID is zero (0). What it looks like happened, is during the conversion, any records that had a T_LAST_POST_REPLY_ID of zero (0) were given a new one, counting up from whatever the highest number was in other records, thereby putting all those really old posts first in order.

Is there any way to be sure any fields with a value of 0 in Snitz's T_LAST_POST_REPLY_ID from Snitz also get a value of 0 in phpBB's topic_last_post_id?
dgl3rd

Post by dgl3rd »

Or, maybe a simple SQL statement to replace all topic_last_post_id numbers that are above a specificed number with a zero? Not sure what that SQL statement would look like though. Any ideas?
b4rm4n

Post by b4rm4n »

I seem to be having a problem converting my Snitz to PHPBB.

My Posts.php has been running for like 15+ hours and seems to be stuck at the moment.

Should it take this long to convert 127,000+ posts?

The machine is a dual 733 PIII with 512mb of ram on Windows2k3...

Any suggestions as to what it could be?

Thanks
RalucaM

Post by RalucaM »

b4rm4n wrote: Should it take this long to convert 127,000+ posts?

Well... 15 hours is too long ;). Seriously speaking it should not take so long :). For example for a 18,000 posts it took about 4 minutes on a similar computer with yours....

But while running you should see the index of every post... from 1 to 127,000... if you don't see all the numbers and a DONE message then maybe somethings was wrong... Do you got any errors?
b4rm4n

Post by b4rm4n »

no errors... just no more numbers in the post.php browser... checking the table and the size isn't growing either...

I have killed it and am trying to run the browser part on another machine. The browser was taking up goobs of ram 400+MBs at one point. See if that speeds things up a little :)
RalucaM

Post by RalucaM »

b4rm4n wrote: no errors... just no more numbers in the post.php browser... checking the table and the size isn't growing either...

At what post did it stop? (How many numbers did you see?)
b4rm4n

Post by b4rm4n »

it was at something like 73200

The strange thing is that is seems to slow way down after 17k or 18k

I dunno....
b4rm4n

Post by b4rm4n »

Well with the help of a friend that has vast knowledge of PHP and MySQL I was able to get it to work. Everything is ported over and the board is running good. Seems a lot more responsive than Snitz and SQL.

I have one issue though. The posts are not ordered by last post date. They are just all mixed up. Any solution for that?
RalucaM

Post by RalucaM »

b4rm4n wrote: I have one issue though. The posts are not ordered by last post date. They are just all mixed up. Any solution for that?

Unfortunatelly I know about this problem. The topics with 0 posts are on top of the others because phpbb orders the topics considering the ID of the last post (not the data) and I have to generate some posts ID's for the topics with 0 posts. These new generated ID's have great numbers and this make the topic to be placed on top. Anyway, I tried some time ago to fix this problem but I didn't have enough time...

The only fixed I could find till now is to replace a line from viewforum.php.

Search for this section (probably line 310):

310 //
311 // Grab all the basic data (all topics except announcements)
312 // for this forum
313 //

and replace this line:

323 ORDER BY t.topic_type DESC, t.topic_last_post_id DESC

with this:

323 ORDER BY t.topic_type DESC, t.topic_time DESC
b4rm4n

Post by b4rm4n »

That seems to work... Thanks a bunch for your converter and your help. My 1400+ users thank you, as do I.

Now I just wish this search index rebuilder would go a little faster :) I suppose 118000 posts tends to slow it down a bit.
RalucaM

Post by RalucaM »

You can find here a script for rebuilding search_wordlist and search_wordmatch tables. This is what you are looking for? Or you already used it?
b4rm4n

Post by b4rm4n »

I already have the script... it was just taking a long time... I guess I just need to be more patient ;)

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”