Snitz to phpbb

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Re: Snitz to phpbb

Post by D¡cky » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:02 am

It appears that you have made a mistake in editing the script. You are using Endeavour2's script so you should post your problem in that topic, Snitz Forums to PHPBB and PHPNuke or try Raluca's convertor which is available here, http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 3#p2130923
Have you hugged someone today?

SpongeWeb

Post by SpongeWeb » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:38 am

I just realised that also,

I have posted in that thread, but have had no rely ;) thanks.
A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and will sing, when you forget the words..

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:32 pm

SpongeWeb wrote:I just realised that also,

I have posted in that thread, but have had no rely ;) thanks.
Give Raluca's convertor a try. If you do happen to run into a problem, he will be here to help you.

RalucaM

Post by RalucaM » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:16 pm

D¡cky wrote:Give Raluca's convertor a try. If you do happen to run into a problem, he will be here to help you.
It's "she" :P.

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:23 pm

RalucaM wrote:
D¡cky wrote:Give Raluca's convertor a try. If you do happen to run into a problem, he will be here to help you.
It's "she" :P.
Thank you for setting me straight. :oops:

SpongeWeb,
See what I mean? She is right here if you need support

SpongeWeb

Post by SpongeWeb » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:45 am

ok Ill try this one now..... 8-)
A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and will sing, when you forget the words..

SpongeWeb

Post by SpongeWeb » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:53 am

WoW!

I converted the access database to MySql using migration tool, created the phpbb 2.22 forum (empty)
ran the script after changing config .php

and bang the dirt is gone!

everything has moved to phpbb! :D

however, I reset admin to user level 1, and click the I forgot my password, (so I can retrieve it, to log in as its encrypted)

and I get this

Code: Select all

Failed sending email :: PHP :: 

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php
I cant get into ACP to fix this obviously, any ideas?

and one other thing, why wont images show up? it just shows the code?

i.e

[img]http://www.somesite.com/image.jpg[/img]
excellent job though! really impressed!

RalucaM

Post by RalucaM » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:37 pm

You need to edit the database manually and enter the encryption for a known password. For instance this the encryption for password 'ral' (quotes are for clarity): ec2cbb555d45face1f8dc619edbcc1bb.
You can go to http://www.phpbbhacks.com/md5.php and find the encryption for any password you want :).

So, generate an encrypted password and put it in the password field of the admin user in the phpbb_users table.

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:25 pm

There is a fix for the [img] tag in this post, http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p2197195

If you are interested, there is a way to modify phpBB so the Snitz passwords can be used and members won't have to click "I forgot my Password." I just need to verify the encryption method used by Snitz.

In regards to the emailer error, that is a server problem. You should contact your host about it. If your host can't, or won't, fix it, you will have to use the smtp method. There is a knowledge base article about it, Explanation and solutions for emailer.php line 234 error.

RalucaM

Post by RalucaM » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:50 am

D¡cky wrote:There is a fix for the [img] tag in this post, http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p2197195
I really should include this patch in the official convertor! It's hard to dig for it :).

SpongeWeb

Post by SpongeWeb » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:55 am

Yes I worked out that I needed to redo a hashed password for me, I got in fine, thanks.

I also have run the fix on Image tags. thankyou

the emailer.php error message may of been caused because I am doing this locally on my computer using wamp, hopefully when I go to do this live, I wont have the same issue.

thanks a lot Guys (and gals ;) )

PS, A way to convert the passwords would be great, there are over 12000 members on this particular snitz forum and it would be a pain!

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:39 pm

SpongeWeb wrote:PS, A way to convert the passwords would be great, there are over 12000 members on this particular snitz forum and it would be a pain!
This is untested with the conversion as I don't have a converted Snitz database to try.

I assume that Snitz uses the sha256 password encryption method. The mhash php extension will have to be enabled on your host for this to work. You can check if it is enabled with phpinfo. You will need to create a file to get the php information which you can do by following the instructions in this Knowledge Base article, How to create phpinfo.php. When you see the output from the file, look for mhash. If you don't see it, ask your host if they will enable it.

If mhash is enabled:

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
login.php
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#

if( $row['user_level'] != ADMIN && $board_config['board_disable'] )
			{
				redirect(append_sid("index.$phpEx", true));
			}
			else
			{

#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#

// check if this is a converted user

if( md5($password) !== $row['user_password'] && $row['user_active'] )
				{
					if ( $row['user_password'] ==  md5(base64_encode(bin2hex(mhash(MHASH_SHA256,$HTTP_POST_VARS['password'])))))
					{
						// this is a Snitz user. Welcome them and make them a phpBB user now!
						//take the subbed pass and put a md5 encryption on it and insert it into the database 
						$sql = "UPDATE " . USERS_TABLE . " SET user_password = '" . md5( $HTTP_POST_VARS['password'] ) . "' WHERE user_id = '" . $row['user_id'] . "'";
						if( !$db->sql_query($sql) ) 
						{ 
							message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Password Error:<br />Please contact the board administrator immediately.', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql); 
						}
						// reset $row[user_password]
						$sql = "SELECT user_id, username, user_password, user_active, user_level FROM " . USERS_TABLE . "
						WHERE username = '" . str_replace("\\'", "''", $username) . "'";

if ( !($result = $db->sql_query($sql)) )
						{
							message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Error in obtaining userdata', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
						}
						$row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result); 
					}
				}

#
#-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]------------------------------------------
#
# EoM

SpongeWeb

Post by SpongeWeb » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:55 pm

All went well apart from 2 things.

1) from the old board, the author isnt the author, its the last person who posted before the conversion, I have allready upgraded to phpbb3 now, is there a way to change or resync this? :(

2) I cannot create a search index, it says "MySQL fulltext indexes can only be used with MyISAM tables"

would appreciate help on these 2 items, apart from that it went really well

RalucaM

Post by RalucaM » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:33 pm

SpongeWeb wrote:All went well apart from 2 things.

1) from the old board, the author isnt the author, its the last person who posted before the conversion, I have allready upgraded to phpbb3 now, is there a way to change or resync this? :(
That's interesting. Were the authors displayed correctly before converting to phpbb3?
2) I cannot create a search index, it says "MySQL fulltext indexes can only be used with MyISAM tables"

would appreciate help on these 2 items, apart from that it went really well
You can manually edit the sql file before loading it into the server, and replace ENGINE with ENGINE=MyISAM in CREATE TABLE statements. Alternatively, you can edit the database directly on the server from phpmyadmin and run "ALTER TABLE table_name ENGINE=MyISAM" for all the tables.

SpongeWeb

Post by SpongeWeb » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:18 pm

is that safe? whats the full sql I should use for that please?

I didnt check to see if the authors were correct, I just assumed they were and converted to phpbb3 if you goto change the post author, you cant as it displays correctly when you click post details, but on the main forum listings, for converted snitz threads, you can see that the author is incorrect,

any new topics started display fine.

many thanks.

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”