Forum move

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Jaxk210

Forum move

Post by Jaxk210 »

I'm trying to move a forum from Freeforums/org to Godaddy.com. I bought the data files from Freeforums and extracted them to a folder on my desktop along with the template folder. Yesterday a tech rep at Godaddy talked me through uploading them to their site and said everything was good. As of today I have no access to the forum. I called Godaddy and was told all they had were the templates, but no data. I was told something was misconfigured and I would have to move it to a root directory or something. I have no idea what he was talking about. Can someone here tell me what I have to do?
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Forum move

Post by KevC »

Freeforums will have given you the database but not the files.

You need to upload a full version of phpBB2 which you can get here and then rebuild your config.php file to enable it to see the database.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
Jaxk210

Post by Jaxk210 »

Thanx much Kevin, but I'm still a bit confused. Which one of the programs shown should I download?
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”