[SUPPORT] UBB.classic 6.x Convertor [0.3.1]

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
SlamChops

Post by SlamChops »

Awesome, it worked. Many thanks. This topic has helped a lot, I even got the dates all organized on my own. Thanks again! :mrgreen:

Oh yeah, is the new phpBB forum dependant on the old UBB stuff at all? I'd like to delete all that junk.

clockwood

Post by clockwood »

Graham wrote: Yes that is a side effect of the way phpBB sorts the posts (and the conversion process).

The fix is as follows:
Open viewforum.php
Find the following bit of code

Code: Select all

$sql = "SELECT t.*, u.username, u.user_id, u2.username as user2, u2.user_id as id2, p.post_username, p2.post_username AS post_username2, p2.post_time 
 FROM " . TOPICS_TABLE . " t, " . USERS_TABLE . " u, " . POSTS_TABLE . " p, " . POSTS_TABLE . " p2, " . USERS_TABLE . " u2
 WHERE t.forum_id = $forum_id
  AND t.topic_poster = u.user_id
  AND p.post_id = t.topic_first_post_id
  AND p2.post_id = t.topic_last_post_id
  AND u2.user_id = p2.poster_id 
  AND t.topic_type <> " . POST_ANNOUNCE . " 
  $limit_topics_time
 ORDER BY t.topic_type DESC, t.topic_last_post_id DESC 
 LIMIT $start, ".$board_config['topics_per_page'];
Change it to

Code: Select all

$sql = "SELECT t.*, u.username, u.user_id, u2.username as user2, u2.user_id as id2, p.post_username, p2.post_username AS post_username2, p2.post_time 
 FROM " . TOPICS_TABLE . " t, " . USERS_TABLE . " u, " . POSTS_TABLE . " p, " . POSTS_TABLE . " p2, " . USERS_TABLE . " u2
 WHERE t.forum_id = $forum_id
  AND t.topic_poster = u.user_id
  AND p.post_id = t.topic_first_post_id
  AND p2.post_id = t.topic_last_post_id
  AND u2.user_id = p2.poster_id 
  AND t.topic_type <> " . POST_ANNOUNCE . " 
  $limit_topics_time
 ORDER BY t.topic_type DESC, p2.post_time DESC 
 LIMIT $start, ".$board_config['topics_per_page'];
Save the file and upload it, and that should resolve any problems with the order in which the topics are displayed in the forum.

That fixed the problem on viewforum.php, but I noticed that on the forum index, the "last post" is not the latest post, but is random. I tried adding the ORDER BY fix to what I thought was the right code section in index.php, but no luck. Any suggestions? (i've tried resynching to no effect)

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

I haven't got anything easy for the index unfortunately. it should fix on the next post to the forum though.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!

tbrown

HTML tag and old UBB message link conversion?

Post by tbrown »

Bravo on the message sorting fix--works great!

I recently converted a UBB 5.46 system to UBB 6.5 so I could use your 0.3.1 converter. I ran the phpBB conversion on this system with over 160K posts (which took nearly 30 hours) and am mostly pleased (and quite impressed :!: ) with the results.

Here are two problems which remain:

1. HTML tag conversion--my UBB uses mostly upper-case HTML tags, and some of them do work now that I added those into the phpBB "allowed HTML tags" field in the configuration screen. The problem with this, however, is that all posts have the "Disable HTML in this post" option checked...did I miss something? Should I have enabled HTML in the general configuration prior to the conversion?

2. There are a lot of links to other UBB posts in messages...is there a way to convert these <A> references to the new phpBB messages?

Thanks for all your hard work!
-Tom

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

Never mind :) I've replied to your original message because I saw that one first.

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database

tbrown

HTML post links

Post by tbrown »

Yes, now that I look at the architecture of phpBB2 it doesn't seem likely that a fix for the HTML links to other posts would be easy.

The old UBB Classic 5.46 uses a format such as:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum3/HTML/004140.html

Upon conversion to UBB Classic 6.5, the same post looks like this:

http://flip.proft.org/flash/scripts/ult ... 3;t=004140

But upon conversion to phpBB2, the forum number is not part of the URL, and each post (in any forum) appears to get it's own unique global topic number:

http://flip.proft.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17287

I suppose the only way to allow conversion of this sort of thing would be to maintain a table to translate "old_forum#"/"old_topic#" to "new_topic#", then a substitution of the URL would be simple. However, I'm a PHP newbie so it would be a daunting task for me!

Thanks again,
-Tom

Torkea

Re: Forum Post information not being converted

Post by Torkea »

Seetal R Patel wrote: Hi,
I tried to convert our UBB.Classic 6.2.1 installtion using 0.3.1 converter.
The converstion goes okay till it gets to converting the posts, I get:

SUCCEEDED Disabling script timeouts
SUCCEEDED Loading UBB.classic configuration file (vars_config.cgi)
SUCCEEDED Reading forum information (vars_forums.cgi)
SUCCEEDED Reading forum information (/Forum2/forum_2.threads)
SUCCEEDED Reading smilies information (vars_graemlins.cgi)

FAILED Reading post information ('002401)
FAILED Reading post information ('002420)
FAILED Reading post information ('002405)

This happens to ALL the posts.
debug.txt has the following:
Post conversion - Topic Start = 0 Post Start =
Any pointers as to where the problem may be?
Thanks, Seetal

Hi!
Graham, beside me similar problem. Either as beside Seetal.
I tried to convert our UBB.Classic 6.1.x installation using 0.3.1 converter.
Please, help.

PS. Excuse me for my English. :) I'm from Ukrane.
PS2. The converter to versions 0.2.6 does not approach - it is not started correct though permissions are correct.

Torkea

Post by Torkea »

Can give the page.

http://torkea.freehost.kiev.ua/forum/

The Forums are carried correct, but posts no :( If are necessary the technical details that shall be able - shall write.
Regrettably debug.txt to give can not - simply do not know, where his(its) take :)

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

Torkea: Did you run "Rebuild Forum Indexes" (or a similar command) from within your UBB Control Panel before you tried to convert. Doing this should eliminate most errors like this.

brnmllr

Conversion

Post by brnmllr »

I am getting the following error.

Member Conversion
PASS ...ubb: successfully found and opened membertotal.cgi file on server
PASS ...ubb: successfully found and opened memberslist.cgi file on server

PASS ...successfully connected to mysql server
PASS ...successfully selected mysql database

FAIL ...phpbb: unsuccessfully emptied mysql table phpbb_groups
FAIL ...phpbb: unsuccessfully emptied mysql table phpbb_user_group
FAIL ...phpbb: unsuccessfully emptied mysql table phpbb_users

PASS ...ubb: successfully found and opened 00000001.cgi file on server for member Doug
FAIL ...phpbb: unsuccessfully inserted values into mysql table phpbb_groups; Table 'xbicyclesetc_il.phpbb_groups' doesn't exist
FAIL ...phpbb: unsuccessfully inserted values into mysql table phpbb_user_group; Table 'xbicyclesetc_il.phpbb_user_group' doesn't exist
FAIL ...phpbb: unsuccessfully inserted values into mysql table phpbb_users; Table 'xbicyclesetc_il.phpbb_users' doesn't exist

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

It looks like you are actually using the old 0.26 release there, which is no longer really supported. However, I would suggest that you probably haven't yet installed phpBB or the information you gave was incorrect.

twslex

Post by twslex »

Graham wrote: It looks like you are actually using the old 0.26 release there, which is no longer really supported. However, I would suggest that you probably haven't yet installed phpBB or the information you gave was incorrect.

Hi,

I have a little request, i'm not sure if it is possible, but i just give it a go.

Could u make the conversion automaticly continue, now after two days of waiting and hitting the continueing post conversion it is starting to be very very boring.

Or am i missing something somewhere?

Lex

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

On the 0.3.x releases, there is a check box on the initial settings screen which allows you to do this, labelled "automatic conversion" or something like that ;)

twslex

Post by twslex »

Graham wrote: On the 0.3.x releases, there is a check box on the initial settings screen which allows you to do this, labelled "automatic conversion" or something like that ;)

grmbl (to myself),

Is it possible to set it afterwards while converting?

RTFM, how difficult should that have been ;(

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

If you've got access to the DB yes - see the phpbb_config table and look for the ubb_convert_config entry in the data you should see conv_auto with a 0 after it, change the 0 to a 1 and it'll do it on the next page load.

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”