[SUPPORT] UBB.classic 6.x Convertor [0.3.1]

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:11 pm

Did you perform the rebuild on the forum index aas indicated in the instructions?
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!

_zombi

Post by _zombi » Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:24 pm

Yes i did.

Categories,forums,members and moderators passed ok,converting fails by posts.

Here is conv_classic.php

Code: Select all

$ubb_delimiters[60][0] = ' => q!';
$ubb_delimiters[60][1] = '';
$ubb_delimiters[60][2] = '!';
$ubb_delimiters[61][0] = "~ => q~";
$ubb_delimiters[61][1] = "q~";
$ubb_delimiters[61][2] = "~";
$ubb_delimiters[62][0] = '\' => \'';
$ubb_delimiters[62][1] = '\'';
$ubb_delimiters[62][2] = '\'';
$ubb_delimiters[63][0] = '! => q!';
$ubb_delimiters[63][1] = 'q!';
$ubb_delimiters[63][2] = '!';
$ubb_delimiters[64][0] = '! => q!';
$ubb_delimiters[64][1] = 'q!';
$ubb_delimiters[64][2] = '!';
$ubb_delimiters[65][0] = '! => q!';
$ubb_delimiters[65][1] = 'q!';
$ubb_delimiters[65][2] = '!';
$ubb_delimiters[66][0] = '! => q!';
$ubb_delimiters[66][1] = 'q!';
$ubb_delimiters[66][2] = '!';
$ubb_delimiters[67][0] = '! => q!';
$ubb_delimiters[67][1] = 'q!';
$ubb_delimiters[67][2] = '!';

// Parse the config file looking for the details passed to it and return them in an
// assosciative array
function parse_config_file($file_contents, $search_words, $classic_version = 66)
{
global $ubb_delimiters;

// UBB uses different delimiters in this file to some of the others in some versions
// so we have to take this into account
$delimiters = $ubb_delimiters;
$delimiters[60][0] = ' => q!';
$delimiters[60][1] = '';
$delimiters[60][2] = '!';
$delimiters[61][0] = ' => q!';
$delimiters[61][1] = '';
$delimiters[61][2] = '!';
$delimiters[62][0] = ' => q!';
$delimiters[62][1] = '';
$delimiters[62][2] = '!';
and

this is how threads look like:

Code: Select all

Z||000005||intruder||06-08-2000||07:57 AM||||1. PORTUGAL<BR>2. France<BR>3. Holand<P>blah blah...<P>||215.64.32.234||reg||14

Pheoni

Post by Pheoni » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:47 pm

Hi, I am trying to convert a site that the original owner did not want to mantain any more. Along with a very poorly mantaned and coded website. I have some old forums that need conversion as well. The best I can find out about these forums is the following: they worked when the site was up, it is ubb.? version 6.?, and... well thats it.

I can not seem to get the forum working on my home pc, but I'm not sure how much of that is related to not having a webserver on my PC. I also beileve that I may not have all of the files in regards to the original website/forum (i.e. I cannot find the vars_config.cgi in the zip file I was given. Search turns up empty.) I think I'm going to try to convert the website to a newer version of UBB then convert it to phpBB.

Which version works the best with either of the converters?

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:54 pm

Taking those two posts in order - do any of the posts come across ? If it's just a few, I'd suspect corrupt files somewhere

On the next - the older one works best with 6.0x variants if you understand the limitations, this one works better on the newer versions (again with limitations if you use the PHP accelerator)

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database

Pheoni

Post by Pheoni » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:07 pm

Alright... for best results with the newer version, what ubb version should I use and should I set it up in any given way. Version 6.7 is the current ubb version. And is there a particular way I should or should not set it up?

_zombi

Post by _zombi » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:47 am

Anybody who can help me?

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:59 pm

Can you answer the question please?

Pheoni - only thing I'm aware of is don't use the PHP Acceleartor. I haven't personally had access to UBB releases in a while so I rely on user feedback for the new ones, but I believe it works

_zombi

Post by _zombi » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:19 am

Yes,I've done rebuild on the forum index.

Admiral_Schaal

Post by Admiral_Schaal » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:43 pm

Hi I have the following error converting a UBB 6.5 classic to phpBB. I am using the converter downloaded from the PHPBB website.

FAIL ...unsuccessfully connected to mysql server
FAIL ...unsuccessfully selected mysql database

FAIL ...unsuccessfully created temporary configuration file on server
FAIL ...unsuccessfully removed temporary configuration file on server

When I manually put in the mysql information in the func_converter page it connects successfully. When I put in the incorrect PhpBB path it also works correctly. Any information would be appreciated.

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:49 pm

The script on the download page and the one in this topic are not the same. Please use the download in the first page of this topic

scratty

Covnersion gradually slowing down

Post by scratty » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:58 pm

Hi there.

After following your instructions (converter 0.3.1 UBB 6.1.4) I've got this working and it's great, however I've got it on automatic on a 250 message cycle. It's now reached around 194000, and it seems to be taking longer and longer. At the start it was generating each page in around 3s (~2000 queries), but now:

Page generated in 304.360067 seconds : 2009 queries executed

Anything I can do to speed this up? Is it being affected by any indexes in the mysql phpbb db?

Cheers,
Aled.

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:37 pm

That is an unfortunate side-effect of the search indexing. The only way to speed it up is the comment that part of the code out (the readme gives instructions on doing this) and then build the search tables later

SFSSAdmin

Post by SFSSAdmin » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:11 am

I've been trying to convert a UBB Classic 6.3.0 using 0.3.1 convertor. I have my members imported, but I can't get any forums to import. I'm stopped with this report;

SUCCEEDED Disabling script timeouts
SUCCEEDED Loading UBB.classic configuration file (vars_config.cgi)
SUCCEEDED Reading forum information (vars_forums.cgi)
FAILED Reading forum information (/Forum/forum_.threads)
SUCCEEDED Reading smilies information (vars_graemlins.cgi)
A fatal error occured, and the conversion process was stopped. Please review the messages above to locate the error, and if you are able to resolve the problem, do so and then refresh this page to retry this stage of the conversion.

Is it really looking for my forums in a folder named /forum? I don't see anything in any files directing it to look there. If there is a file pointing to the wrong location, what file is it? I assume I will need to change it to point to the non-cgi directory(/ubb) where my forums are located. Any help will be appreciated.

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:15 pm

It looks to me as though there is something wrong with the vars_forums file from that error - post the data from the start of the file to the first line with a real forum on it please so I can look at it

SFSSAdmin

Post by SFSSAdmin » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:16 am

So maybe I'm the cause. I'm sure you've had that happen before once or twice. Here's what's left after I pared out the 32 forums I didn't want to import.

1|^|SFSS General Discussion|^|General SFSS Discussion area, to chat about all things in life, including SFSS|^|On|^|is|^|is|^|allreg&allreg|^||^|1|^||^|ON|^|no|^||^||^|000001|^|date|^||^|1|^|00000038

The UBB forum that I'm trying to convert isn't / wasn't functioning when I started this task. Someone else set it up and then ran off with the license and the admin login. I brought the files with me to a new host, choked on the price of a UBB license, then found PhPbb and hoped I could make this conversion.

To start, I set up a working trial version of UBB, then imported my UBB files into it after I had the trial working. It was locked down after the import, because I'd "exceeded the member and post quotas".

If nothing else, I was able to import the members, but if there's a way to get at least this main forum imported, I'd like to bring the history to the new site.

The new forum is at bb.sfss.org

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”