[SUPPORT] UBB.classic 6.x Convertor [0.3.1]

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:30 pm

Unfortunately don't have a sample file with me where I am atm to check, but try removing that linebreak that is in there - I think that should all be one line
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!

SFSSAdmin

Post by SFSSAdmin » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:47 pm

When I open the file in Wordpad®, there is no break... unless one of the characters I see causes a break. If such would be the case, please point me to it.

If you have other ideas, please share. If there's a way, I'd like to import this forum and a few other forums I originally struck from the list.

I remain hopeful.

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:34 pm

OK, but when pasted on the forum there is clearly a linebreak in there. Do you mind mailing me a copy of that file to the address in the readme file from the download and I'll compare it with a copy I have here for 6.3 and see if it differs

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database

SFSSAdmin

Post by SFSSAdmin » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:20 pm

did it.

Not sure if you saw it yet. If you didn't let me know and I'll re-send.

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:00 pm

Got it, but not been able to get at the machine with the UBB install on it (going to have to put the drive in another machine and pull the data off at some point).

Quick glance and the format looks OK - all I can suggest that this point would be to try leaving a blank line at the start of the file and see if that makes any difference

SFSSAdmin

Post by SFSSAdmin » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:55 am

Did try that. It changed my error to a server (500) error in lieu of the FAILED Reading forum error.

SFSSAdmin

Post by SFSSAdmin » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:58 pm

Assuming this is a problem that may not be solved for a while, I would like to open my BB if possible, since I have my members imported and I have members chafing to chat.

Today's question: If I open the BB with a single forum now, will there be a way to import other forums while leaving the new forum info intact?

tomfrit

Post by tomfrit » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:16 pm

Hello Graham, I'm somewhat lost here. Using the old converter doesn't work, it aborts at the second page (just when it's about to start) by saying:

FAIL ...ubb: unsuccessfully found and opened membertotal.cgi file on server

from my understanding of PHP this comes because the variables (directory info etc) don't get passed to the doMembers function, but then again I don't know that much and didn't check every function ...

... instead I tried the new converter. This fails because of:

FAILED Checking UBB.classic CGI path (ultimatebb.cgi)

this is after it already successfully found vars_config.cgi, and since all I can specify is the path to vars_config AND the board is fully operational on my machine, I have no clue what could be wrong here.

Any support would be greatly appreciated. Btw, I'm trying to move everything from UBB 6.0.5 to PHPBB 2.0.17

Thanks!
thomas

chepeme

Post by chepeme » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:56 pm

Graham wrote: I guess these are old posts and the linebreaks display as <BR> or <P> ?

If it is this, then the fix for this is already included in my development version of the code for the next release. If anyone needs it, I'll post instructions on the changes needed.

Not also those two, also <a href>, [img]... How can i fix it?

bre

Post by bre » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:56 am

Is there docs somewhere for this convertor? Like what directories to put convertor files in, stuff like that? Thanks.

Phantron

Post by Phantron » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:05 am

Hello. I'm trying to convert UBB 6.2.1 using the 0.3.1 converter and getting the same error like most people while parsing the vars_config.cgi:

SUCCEEDED Loading UBB.classic configuration file (vars_config.cgi)
FAILED Checking UBB.classic CGI path (ultimatebb.cgi)
FAILED Checking UBB.classic members path (memberslist.cgi)
FAILED Checking UBB.classic non-CGI path (on.gif)

I tried changing the conv_classic.php but can't get it to work, including the various fixes from earlier this thread. My vars_config.php seems to have a different format than all the ones posted:

%vars_config = (
'NonCGIPath' => 'C:/inetpub/wwwroot/ubb/ubb',
'Cookie_Number' => '2452361.1657',
'cache_pw' => '********',
'EnableAccel' => 'NO',
'CGIPath' => 'C:/inetpub/wwwroot/ubb/ubbcgi',
'BBName' => 'Laserfiche VAR Forum',
'VariablesPath' => 'C:/inetpub/wwwroot/ubb/ubbcgi',
'MembersPath' => 'C:/inetpub/wwwroot/ubb/ubbcgi/Members',
'AdminLogging' => 'YES',
'CGIURL' => 'http://var.laserfiche.com/ubbcgi',
'NonCGIURL' => 'http://var.laserfiche.com/ubb'
);

1;

The paths are correct.

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:39 pm

bre wrote: Is there docs somewhere for this convertor? Like what directories to put convertor files in, stuff like that? Thanks.

The docs directory in the download? ;)

ha.org

Post by ha.org » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:02 pm

Wingnut wrote: Graham,

I converted my UBB 6.2.1 board sucessfully, but have a minor problem. On my PHPbb it shows no topics but the members and post counts appear. In other words, I cannot access any of the imported posts. It seems like I read some info on one of these threads about adding a catagory to make imported forums show up, but I can't find that threadd again. Can you recommend a solution?

Thanks

I'm having the same exact issue. You can see here:

http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/phpbb/

I'm converting from UBB 6.5.0 to the newest version of phpBB. All the old forums are there, as well as the members, and post counts...but not the actual threads. I'm somewhat new to all of this, and I read through the this entire thread. Not sure if I missed it or not, but hopefully someone can shine some light on what I have to do in order to bring the threads over to phpBB. :)

iboza

Post by iboza » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:16 pm

That's a not unheard of problem. I think I've fixed it for the next version, but I'm not sure.

However, if you have access to the database with phpMyAdmin, it is fixable. Open the phpbb_forums table using that and look at the cat_id column and make a note of the values in there. Next, create a category in phpBB (if you haven't already), then go back to the database and the phpbb_categories table and edit the cat_id value of the category you created to match the first of the numbers you noted down. Repeat these last two steps as many times as required.

I just had this issue occur. I am using the following,

PHP 5.1.2
Windows 2003 SP2
MS SQL 2000 sp4
PHPBB 2.0.20
Converter 3.1

As you suggested, the categories table was empty. Your fix repaired the issue.

stefands

"Last posts" index after ubb to phpBB conversion

Post by stefands » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:39 pm

Smokezz wrote: I ran the conversion last night on my boards. The one thing I noticed, is the posts are all out of order. Instead of being ordered by the most recent reply like on the UBB board, they seem to pretty much be random. Is there a way to fix this?

Eric

I read your response on page 6 in this thread and the code you provided fixed the problem for the topic index IN the given forums. However, the start page of phpBB (showing all the categories and their forums) still lists random "Last Posts". Is there a way to solves this please?
Note: I know that this solves itself when visitors post a new topics in the given forums, but my forum doesn't get that many users so this will take quite some time.

Many thanks!!

PS: The conversion worked like a charm! :D
The only downside was that the smilies weren't handled all that well in some cases: all text deleted after the first smiley the conversion came across in certain postings. Percentage-wise not bad though, which I think makes it a great tool...
Last edited by stefands on Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:. who decides reason? .:...
windLORDS Europe

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”