[SUPPORT] UBB.classic 6.x Convertor [0.3.1]

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
lappert

Post by lappert » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:05 am

We're attempting to convert UBB.classic 6.3.0.1 to phpBB2. Using converter 0.3.1

copied the
convert dir to the /phpBB2 directory
/lang_english to language/lang_english
/subSilver/convert to /templates/subSilver/convert
also to other template directories (but made subSilver the default for the conversion process)

what else? instructions say nothing else, but when I go to /phpBB2/convert I get the same errors:

Warning: fopen(/home/mydomain/public_html/phpBB2/cache/subSilver/convert/convert_body.tpl.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mydomain/public_html/phpBB2/includes/template.php on line 155

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/mydomain/public_html/phpBB2/includes/template.php on line 156

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/mydomain/public_html/phpBB2/includes/template.php on line 157

Warning: touch(): Unable to create file /home/mydomain/public_html/phpBB2/cache/subSilver/convert/convert_body.tpl.php because No such file or directory in /home/mydomain/public_html/phpBB2/includes/template.php on line 159

Any thought on this? Thanks

lappert

Post by lappert » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:41 pm

Well I solved this problem but now another has cropped up.

Probably like many users I installed the flat file cache speedup that comes in the contrib file of the distribution. That means substituting it for the /include/template.php file.

Putting the original template.php file back solves that problem.

Now I'm getting this:

SUCCEEDED Loading UBB.classic configuration file (vars_config.cgi)
FAILED Checking UBB.classic CGI path (ultimatebb.cgi)
SUCCEEDED Checking UBB.classic members path (memberslist.cgi)
SUCCEEDED Checking UBB.classic non-CGI path (on.gif)

my UBB variables path is
/home/mydomain/public_html/.WWW/forum/cgi-bin/
where ultimatebb.cgi resides.

Any thoughts?

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:30 pm

I'm guessing you were using the php module within UBB? Unfortunately, I don't have time to find the details myself, but if you search this forum you should find some posts detailing changes to make to address that issue
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!

lappert

Post by lappert » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:55 pm

Yes, I was using the UBB PHP Accellerator. So I have now turned that off, cleared the cache and closed the UBB board. Still doesn't work so I guess I'll need to search out the fixes you mentioned. Just in case, here's my vars_config.cgi file:

%vars_config = (
q!NonCGIPath! => q!/home/mydomain/public_html/.WWW/ubbgraphics!,
q!Cookie_Number! => q!2452296.1527!,
q!cache_pw! => q!SMHHWU4H!,
q!EnableAccel! => q!YES!,
q!CGIPath! => q!/home/mydomain/public_html/.WWW/forum/cgi-bin!,
q!CachePath! => q!/home/mydomain/public_html/.WWW/ubbgraphics/cache-SMHHWU4H!,
q!BBName! => q!My Forum!,
q!VariablesPath! => q!/home/mydomain/public_html/.WWW/forum/cgi-bin!,
q!MembersPath! => q!/home/mydomain/public_html/.WWW/forum/tnf-members!,
q!AdminLogging! => q!YES!,
q!NonCGIURL! => q!http://www.mydomain.com/.WWW/ubbgraphics!,
q!CGIURL! => q!http://www.mydomain.com/.WWW/forum/cgi-bin!,
);

1;

ssih

Post by ssih » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:43 am

A few years back, I successfully converted a ubb board, now I'd like to do it to another one. I fired up the converted and entered all of the correct info into the fill-in form fields. I click on continue, and it does nothing but reset the information fields to their default values (e.g.: /path/to/ubb6).

ssih

Post by ssih » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:07 am

I don't know enough about php to debug this, so I really hope someone can help me.

As far as I can tell, you fill in all of the form field variables, and the form runs itself again (index.php) with the $page variable set to initchk, but it really doesn't look like any of the form variables are being successfully passed to index.php, so it loops in the doInit area.

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:10 pm

Are you sure you are actually using the version linked in this thread? What you describe sounds like you are using a much older version of the code

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database

ssih

Post by ssih » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:22 pm

I'm using v0.2.6. It's the only one that I can find, and it's also the one that worked for me originally. Is there a later one? And if so, where can I find it?

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:30 pm

See the second post in this thread

0.2.6 relies on certain server configurations which are no longer that common. 0.3.1 shouldn't have this issue

ssih

Post by ssih » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:41 pm

Excellent - thanks!

Should the link on this page be updated?

http://www.phpbb.com/downloads.php

ssih

Post by ssih » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:38 pm

I made the conversion successfully, but there are a few wierdnesses.

One looks familiar. If I simply look at a list of topics in a subforum, the list isn't chronological. It seems to be sorted randomly.

Also, in any message, wherever the author hit [enter] to force a new line, there is a 'n' instead of the newline. So the text looks something like this:

Line 1n n Line 2n n Line 3n n

Also, image tags didn't convert well. Here's an example:

[img]http://www.curlewpond.org/kayaking/images/02.jpg" border="1[/img]n n

Notice the quote marks.

FWIW, here is my list of acceptable html tags configured in phpbb:
b,i,u,pre,img,font,small,center,ul,ol,li,hr,a,p,br,blockquote,span

This is a fairly small forum, so it's not a problem to do the conversion again if you have any suggestions.

ssih

Post by ssih » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:26 pm

Ok - I solved the chronological problem, and now I see that in all of the recent posts, the images are displayed ok. I still haven't figured out that 'n' problem, though.

gc2005

Groupee / InfoPop to move to higher end customer focus

Post by gc2005 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:05 am

It looks like there will be an increasing demand for the Groupee-based data convertor. Today Groupee transmitted the following:

>>>In addition, we will be dropping the sale of new Standard Class plans early in October. After that time, new eve sales will only be available as an enterprise service. All existing customers can stay on their current plans, and can even upgrade, as necessary, at any time, amongst the previous Standard Class plan options. New customers, however, will not be able to order a Standard Class plan.<<<

I wonder how long it will be before Groupee decides to serve the standard class customers even less than they have in the past, due to the resulting declining economy of scale regarding customers spending less than a thousand dollars a month with Groupee. Groupee's reportedly moving towards serving much higher end customers. It would seem like the exodus among more prudent clients will be beginning before too much longer, to avoid shocks along the way.

Is anyone dealing with the Groupee convertor nowadays?

granger

Post by granger » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:13 am

I have tried to read through this but I just need to post...

converting UBB 6.0.5 to phpBB, using 0.3.1... I get the following

SUCCEEDED Your server is running a version of PHP which will support this convertor
SUCCEEDED Your server is not running in safe mode. Script timeouts will be disabled for the duration of the conversion process
Checking access to UBB.classic forum
SUCCEEDED Loading UBB.classic configuration file (vars_config.cgi)
FAILED Checking UBB.classic CGI path (ultimatebb.cgi)
FAILED Checking UBB.classic members path (memberslist.cgi)
FAILED Checking UBB.classic non-CGI path (on.gif)
A fatal error has occurred and the conversion process is unable to start. Please check the information above for details of the error(s), and correct them and try again.

In my vars file it gives the following....
%vars_config = (
CGIPath => q!cgi-bin/mycgi!,
NonCGIPath => q!ubb!,
MembersPath => q!sixman_members!,
VariablesPath => q!cgi-bin/mycgi!,
CGIURL => q!http://www.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/mycgi!,
NonCGIURL => q!http://www.mydomain.com/ubb!,
cache_pw => "35LNYSNP",
Cookie_Number => "2452255.1605",
BBName => q~mydomain.com~,
);
1;

what do I need to change? The UBB board is running, so why are the pasts wrong?

ssih

Post by ssih » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:33 am

I'm far from the best person that can advise you on this. But this problem looks familiar to me from a few years ago. Somehow I remember that the ubb variables were stored in two places. The phpbb converter looked in one of the places and couldn't find those variables that it's complaining about. So it was a simple matter of copying them from one ubb file to another.

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”