Ikonboard 3.x Converter

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:08 am

At a quick glance, the users file looks fine. You can remove the link to the file now.

You have a problem with includes/usercp_viewprofile.php. Upload a fresh copy and the profiles should now work.

Make sure when you are uploading .php and ,tpl files, that you upload them in ASCII mode.
Have you hugged someone today?

kamesh

Post by kamesh » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:19 am

Thank you very much D¡cky. Every thing work perfectly now. Thank you once again for your time and patience.

/Kamesh.

D¡cky wrote: At a quick glance, the users file looks fine. You can remove the link to the file now.

You have a problem with includes/usercp_viewprofile.php. Upload a fresh copy and the profiles should now work.

Make sure when you are uploading .php and ,tpl files, that you upload them in ASCII mode.
Truth lies every where and partially even with error.

D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:52 am

You're Welcome.

Don't forget to remove the link to your user's file. You don't want people getting a hold of that information.
Have you hugged someone today?

videosilva

It WORKS !

Post by videosilva » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:47 pm

I have been wanting to convert from IkonBoard 3.1.5 to PHP for over a year now. I care fully read this thread and reread it only to be incresingly confused.

I found it TOO difficult to even think of attemting the conversion.

Today I decided to try it again, I read the instructions care fully and voila !

In about 30 minutes I imported a 5 year old board with posts, members and all.

in short it really is quite simple to do.

ivy91bravo

Post by ivy91bravo » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:14 pm

okay I have no attention span. I need to convert from Ikonboard 3.1.5 can someone PLEASE PLEASE repost a reader's digest version of the conversion so I dont have to read through 40 pages of posts? Thanks!!!

videosilva

Post by videosilva » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:24 am

Forget about the Fourms it will DRIVE YOU INSANE !

Follow the instructions that are included with the IkonBoard converter. Read and re read untill it makes sense.

vHiker

Post by vHiker » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:46 pm

Yes, just read the instructions in the converter. You don't have to read anything in this thread. Post in this thread if you encounter any problems AFTER reading the instructions.

tals

Post by tals » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:06 am

Hi

Where I am at is I have a running Ikonboard 3.12a forum that I want to convert to phpbb. For starters I have created the .tar file from the working forum (which is on another server). And set up a new phpbb forum on my pc - which is working.

I have then run your .vbs program which creates the import file and .wri files. I then copy the import.php file and the .wri files to the root of the phpbb2 forum and connect to it

eg
http://127.0.0.1/tempforum/phpbb2/import.php

When I do this it appears to display the code rather than running the import - I installed PHP up as CGI (please excuse my ignorance of the php side of things)

So for example what I see in my browser is:

Code: Select all

= $record && strlen($line) > 1) { if (($r % 1000) == 1) { echo "importing forums (restart from record " . $r . ")
\n"; ob_flush(); flush(); } if ($r == 1) { $sql = 'DELETE FROM ' . $table_prefix . 'forums'; if ( !($result = $db->sql_query($sql)) ) exit('critical error: ' . $sql); } $sql = 'INSERT' . ( (strstr($dbms, 'mysql')) ? ' IGNORE' : '' ) . ' INTO ' . $table_prefix . 'forums (forum_id, cat_id, forum_name, forum_desc, forum_status, forum_order, forum_posts, forum_topics, forum_last_post_id, prune_next, prune_enable, auth_view, auth_read, auth_post, auth_reply, auth_edit, auth_delete, auth_sticky, auth_announce, auth_vote, auth_pollcreate, auth_attachments) VALUES (' . $line . ')'; if ( !($result = $db->sql_query($sql)) ) if ($restart == 'forums' && $record > 1 && !strstr($dbms, 'mysql')) echo 'error (unless duplicate key after restart): ' . $sql . '
'; else exit('critical error: ' . $sql); } } fclose ($fd); $record = 0; } if ($restart == 'topics' || $record == 0) { $r = 0; $fd = fopen (addpath('phpbb_topics.wri'), 'r'); while (!feof ($fd)) { $r = $r + 1; $line = fgets($fd, maxline()); if ($r >= $record && strlen($line) > 1) { if (($r % 1000) == 1) { echo "importing topics (restart from record " . $r . ")
Any thoughts what is going wrong?

If you need more information please let me know.

** note sure if it is relevant but I am on php5

Fantatier

Post by Fantatier » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:28 pm

will this work for version ikonboard 3.1.2a?

Fantatier

Post by Fantatier » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:08 pm

how long does this conversion take?
because dirrectly after starging it, it wrote an (empty) warnings.txt and the import.php, but now it seems to be doing nothing except honk all my system resources...

vHiker

Post by vHiker » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:30 am

Tals, I am not sure what is happening. Maybe you need to rename the .php extension to .php5 or whatever extension you use for phpbb?

Fantatier, sounds like you are not working with a good backup. You need to create a tar backup via the ikonboard control panel. Also, make sure you unzip all files in the tar backup to the same folder on your PC. If you are unable to make a tar backup of your IB3 database AND your database is mySQL, please contact me via PM if you would like to use a tool that will create a backup from your mySQL database.

warpengine

Post by warpengine » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:08 am

my conversion from ikonboard 3.1.2a seemed to work out ok. i have several questions though.

1. i read the readme on the time variable but i cannot login to my iB board...thus me moving to phpBB. in the config file it says GMT so what should i use as the time offset? does that depend on my computer locale? the time stamp seems to be an hour off in the phpBB board compared to iB.

2. now that ive converted, will i always have to maintain just a little bit of extra code? the extra code required for the password works but unless i tell users to change their password i will have to maintain this code snippet with updates correct? the search tables were also rebuilt. not sure if the data was rest or the actual tables were modified. what would i need to change on updates?

in general what else do i need to keep in mind from this point forward when doing updates to the baord?

AGP

vHiker

Post by vHiker » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:12 am

The time stamp may be off 1 hour due to Daylight Savings Time.

Yes, you will need to maintain the password mod.

Xemaris

Post by Xemaris » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:41 pm

Hejas,

Did all the steps until I should run import.php. Doing that returns:

importing forums (restart from record 1)

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in <snip>/phpbb/import.php on line 22

Any idea?

Lorenz

vHiker

Post by vHiker » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:22 am

Not sure. Make sure you are running phpbb 2.x (not 3.0 beta).

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”