PHP Fusion Forum to PHPBB Forum?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Jeremy Neumann

PHP Fusion Forum to PHPBB Forum?

Post by Jeremy Neumann »

I am trying to convert a PHP Fusion Forum to a PHPBB Forum, is this possable?
Jeremy Neumann
Jeremy Neumann

Post by Jeremy Neumann »

Can anybody help me?

Jeremy
Jeremy Neumann
Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

I have not come across a convertor for that software before.

If you can provide some information about it someone might be able to help you.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!
autonomic

Post by autonomic »

This would be extremely helpful for me as well. I have about 150 members on a PHP-Fusion 5.1 site and I'm intending to move over to a combination phpBB / Subdreamer setup.

I'd really appreciate any leads on how to do this. Let me know what kind of info would be needed and I could pass it on.

Thanks.
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

autonomic wrote: This would be extremely helpful for me as well. I have about 150 members on a PHP-Fusion 5.1 site and I'm intending to move over to a combination phpBB / Subdreamer setup.

I'd really appreciate any leads on how to do this. Let me know what kind of info would be needed and I could pass it on.

Thanks.

I notice that the PHP-Fusion forum is not availablae for download right now. I would need a copy of the database structure or a complete database backup of a live forum would be better.

I would ony be able to help to convert to a basic phpBB forum. For the Subdreamer part, you would be on your own.
Have you hugged someone today?
autonomic

Post by autonomic »

:D Wow! Thanks. That would be a huge help. I can send a backup of the live db by email if you like.
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

Sent you a PM
thokra79

Post by thokra79 »

Anyone succeded?

Im moving my forum user and threads from Phpfuision to Phpbb - has anyone made a converter for that?
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

I have a convertor for PHP-Fusion 5. I have no idea if it works for 6. Try it and see.

Download
thokra79

Post by thokra79 »

can this fine converter only work on a localserver or can you install it online
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

thokra79 wrote: can this fine converter only work on a localserver or can you install it online

It should work online as well as locally.
Liquid Fire

Post by Liquid Fire »

now this works fine but is there a way to only update the current user list like i want them to be able to register on the site and then i can run something that update there account on the phpbb2 forums but does not delete all the existing accounts the phpbb2 forums
Liquid Fire

Post by Liquid Fire »

another problem i just notice is that the site admin for the site can't access the phpbb admin area so basically i can't edit my forums after i converted my user form phpfusion ot phpbb, anyne else have this problem?
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

Liquid Fire wrote: now this works fine but is there a way to only update the current user list like i want them to be able to register on the site and then i can run something that update there account on the phpbb2 forums but does not delete all the existing accounts the phpbb2 forums

I am not sure. I did find a hack which prevents users from accessing the forums until their email address is updated. Maybe something like that would work for you?
Liquid Fire wrote: another problem i just notice is that the site admin for the site can't access the phpbb admin area so basically i can't edit my forums after i converted my user form phpfusion ot phpbb, anyne else have this problem?

Can the admins see the Administration Panel link at the bottom of the Index Page? If not, check the user_level in the phpbb_users table. If the link can be seen, there is something wrong with the configuration settings ofyour board.
shrnz

Post by shrnz »

is there anybody who knows how to convert PHP-Fusion 6.00.110 to phpbb2?

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”