PHP Fusion Forum to PHPBB Forum?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
DeliriumBG
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:44 am

Post by DeliriumBG » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:47 am

I try convertor, but post in cyrillic font apears coded like "????? ??????? ?????" How i can fix this?

User avatar
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Posts: 11812
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:38 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Name: Richard Foote
Contact:

Post by D¡cky » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:34 pm

DeliriumBG wrote: I try convertor, but post in cyrillic font apears coded like "????? ??????? ?????" How i can fix this?

The font has nothing to do with the convertor. It has to do with the character encoding of your databases, database backups and text editor.
Have you hugged someone today?

DeliriumBG
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:44 am

Post by DeliriumBG » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:07 pm

I fix it :) Thank you DЎcky

nonick05
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:07 pm

Re: PHP Fusion Forum to PHPBB Forum?

Post by nonick05 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:18 pm

it seems like the converter made for php-fusion 5 works with php-fusion 6?
am i correct?

nonick05
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:07 pm

Re: PHP Fusion Forum to PHPBB Forum?

Post by nonick05 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:09 pm

i tried this converter and i thought it worked fine until i realized that not all my private messages were converted. is there any way to fix this? fyi, i haven't upload them into my webspace yet.
8/ Once the forum is converted, open PhpMyAdmin, and update the phpbb_config table as follows :
- the field server_name : replace the value localhost by the one you will use on your webspace like yoursite.com or subdomain.mysite.com if you use a sub-domain.
- the field script_path if needed : replace phpBB2 by the path you use : ex use forums if your forum is at http://www.monsite.com/forums/.


i could not find the field server_name and script_path in phpbb_config table. is this really necessary??

Turbo_dk
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:03 pm

Re: PHP Fusion Forum to PHPBB Forum?

Post by Turbo_dk » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:05 pm

Does anybody now if this works with version 3 of phpBB?
//Turbo_dk

melech
Registered User
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:33 pm
Contact:

Re:

Post by melech » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:32 pm

Liquid Fire wrote: another problem i just notice is that the site admin for the site can't access the phpbb admin area so basically i can't edit my forums after i converted my user form phpfusion ot phpbb, anyne else have this problem?


Go to phpMyAdmin and go to your database. Open up the <yourdatabaseprefixhere>_users table (usually called phpbb_users) and SQL

SELECT * FROM `pbz_users` WHERE 1

and hit "Go"

it will pull up the list of user names. Find yours and click on the edit icon (the pencil icon)

Where it says user_level delete the 0 and put in a 1 (default installation has admin level as 1, however if you added admin ranks prior to conversion, you may have to find out what level your admin rights are set to and insert that number here).

hit "Go" and it will update your user record with the user_level of 1 or whatever you set it as, and then go login to your forum - you should have admin rights back, and now you can re-adjust the rights of your converted members from the admin panel without having to fuss with phpMyAdmin again.


Also, I had fusion in one database and created a new database for phpbb. Since the converter only works with one database, I simply exported my fusion database in a SQL statement through PHPMyAdmin and copied the text, then opened up my phpbb database and pasted the SQL statement into the SQL tab and hit "Go" which loaded the entire fusion backup into my phpbb database - about 38 tables that the convertor can now work from and perform the conversion. When you are all done with conversion, feel free to carefully delete those imported tables from your phpbb database - but ONLY when you are done with the entire conversion, and be sure to make a backup of your entire phpbb database before you do.

I hope this helped.

Granit
Registered User
Posts: 266
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:17 pm

Re: PHP Fusion Forum to PHPBB Forum?

Post by Granit » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:32 pm

Hello.

I hope someone can help me out.
Everything with this convertion went just fine, the forum, topics and posts and user converted just fine.
But no one can log in, when trying to log in everyone including me gets a error that the password is wrong.

What to do?
I have converted on a test board.

Granit
Registered User
Posts: 266
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:17 pm

Re: PHP Fusion Forum to PHPBB Forum?

Post by Granit » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:05 pm

No one that has any idea on how to solve the password problem?

User avatar
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Posts: 11812
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:38 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Name: Richard Foote
Contact:

Re: PHP Fusion Forum to PHPBB Forum?

Post by D¡cky » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:26 am

Granit wrote:Hello.

I hope someone can help me out.
Everything with this convertion went just fine, the forum, topics and posts and user converted just fine.
But no one can log in, when trying to log in everyone including me gets a error that the password is wrong.

What to do?
I have converted on a test board.
The only way is to find out what encryption technique Fusion uses and modify login.php to check for that encryption.
Have you hugged someone today?

fresheris
Registered User
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:12 pm

Re: PHP Fusion Forum to PHPBB Forum?

Post by fresheris » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:15 pm

Hi. can somebody help me to convert fusion forum to phpbb 3.0 ??? Write me pm or post here. THANKS!

fresheris
Registered User
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:12 pm

Re: PHP Fusion Forum to PHPBB Forum?

Post by fresheris » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:39 pm

Can somebody help me with users. Nobody can login after the conversion! I have read a lot pousts already but nothing helped.. Please!

User avatar
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Posts: 11812
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:38 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Name: Richard Foote
Contact:

Re: PHP Fusion Forum to PHPBB Forum?

Post by D¡cky » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:40 pm

fresheris wrote:Can somebody help me with users. Nobody can login after the conversion! I have read a lot pousts already but nothing helped.. Please!
This should work, viewtopic.php?p=6416805#p6416805
Have you hugged someone today?

fresheris
Registered User
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:12 pm

Re: PHP Fusion Forum to PHPBB Forum?

Post by fresheris » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:19 pm

hm... new error:

Code: Select all

Couldn't delete private messages
Couldn't delete private messages
1226: User 'web4f_1677059' has exceeded the 'max_updates' resource (current value: 60000)

DELETE FROM phpbb_privmsgs


Couldn't delete private messages
1226: User 'web4f_1677059' has exceeded the 'max_updates' resource (current value: 60000)

DELETE FROM phpbb_privmsgs_text

Code: Select all

Couldn't get Data from Priv_Messages Table.
1146: Table 'web4f_1677059_fusion.IBF_MESSAGES_TEXT_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT t.*, t2.* FROM fusion_messages t, IBF_MESSAGES_TEXT_TABLE t2 WHERE t.mt_msg_id = t2.msg_id LIMIT 0,500 

...Ok
Conversion of 500 Private Messages from Private Message number 500
Couldn't get Data from Priv_Messages Table.
1146: Table 'web4f_1677059_fusion.IBF_MESSAGES_TEXT_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT t.*, t2.* FROM fusion_messages t, IBF_MESSAGES_TEXT_TABLE t2 WHERE t.mt_msg_id = t2.msg_id LIMIT 500,500 

...Ok
Conversion of 500 Private Messages from Private Message number 1000
Couldn't get Data from Priv_Messages Table.
1146: Table 'web4f_1677059_fusion.IBF_MESSAGES_TEXT_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT t.*, t2.* FROM fusion_messages t, IBF_MESSAGES_TEXT_TABLE t2 WHERE t.mt_msg_id = t2.msg_id LIMIT 1000,500 

...Ok
Conversion of 500 Private Messages from Private Message number 1500
Couldn't get Data from Priv_Messages Table.
1146: Table 'web4f_1677059_fusion.IBF_MESSAGES_TEXT_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT t.*, t2.* FROM fusion_messages t, IBF_MESSAGES_TEXT_TABLE t2 WHERE t.mt_msg_id = t2.msg_id LIMIT 1500,500 

...Ok
Conversion of 500 Private Messages from Private Message number 2000
Couldn't get Data from Priv_Messages Table.
1146: Table 'web4f_1677059_fusion.IBF_MESSAGES_TEXT_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT t.*, t2.* FROM fusion_messages t, IBF_MESSAGES_TEXT_TABLE t2 WHERE t.mt_msg_id = t2.msg_id LIMIT 2000,500 

...Ok
Conversion of 500 Private Messages from Private Message number 2500 ...Ok
message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed to happen. Was message_die() used in page_tail.php?
what is what? :?

and trying to enter the site:

Code: Select all

message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed to happen. Was message_die() used in page_tail.php?

User avatar
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Posts: 11812
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:38 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Name: Richard Foote
Contact:

Re: PHP Fusion Forum to PHPBB Forum?

Post by D¡cky » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:12 pm

fresheris wrote:hm... new error:

Code: Select all

Couldn't delete private messages
Couldn't delete private messages
1226: User 'web4f_1677059' has exceeded the 'max_updates' resource (current value: 60000)

DELETE FROM phpbb_privmsgs


Couldn't delete private messages
1226: User 'web4f_1677059' has exceeded the 'max_updates' resource (current value: 60000)

DELETE FROM phpbb_privmsgs_text
That is something you will have to ask your host about, see if they can increase the resources temporarily for you.
fresheris wrote:

Code: Select all

Couldn't get Data from Priv_Messages Table.
1146: Table 'web4f_1677059_fusion.IBF_MESSAGES_TEXT_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT t.*, t2.* FROM fusion_messages t, IBF_MESSAGES_TEXT_TABLE t2 WHERE t.mt_msg_id = t2.msg_id LIMIT 0,500 

...Ok
Conversion of 500 Private Messages from Private Message number 500
Couldn't get Data from Priv_Messages Table.
1146: Table 'web4f_1677059_fusion.IBF_MESSAGES_TEXT_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT t.*, t2.* FROM fusion_messages t, IBF_MESSAGES_TEXT_TABLE t2 WHERE t.mt_msg_id = t2.msg_id LIMIT 500,500 

...Ok
Conversion of 500 Private Messages from Private Message number 1000
Couldn't get Data from Priv_Messages Table.
1146: Table 'web4f_1677059_fusion.IBF_MESSAGES_TEXT_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT t.*, t2.* FROM fusion_messages t, IBF_MESSAGES_TEXT_TABLE t2 WHERE t.mt_msg_id = t2.msg_id LIMIT 1000,500 

...Ok
Conversion of 500 Private Messages from Private Message number 1500
Couldn't get Data from Priv_Messages Table.
1146: Table 'web4f_1677059_fusion.IBF_MESSAGES_TEXT_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT t.*, t2.* FROM fusion_messages t, IBF_MESSAGES_TEXT_TABLE t2 WHERE t.mt_msg_id = t2.msg_id LIMIT 1500,500 

...Ok
Conversion of 500 Private Messages from Private Message number 2000
Couldn't get Data from Priv_Messages Table.
1146: Table 'web4f_1677059_fusion.IBF_MESSAGES_TEXT_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT t.*, t2.* FROM fusion_messages t, IBF_MESSAGES_TEXT_TABLE t2 WHERE t.mt_msg_id = t2.msg_id LIMIT 2000,500 

...Ok
Conversion of 500 Private Messages from Private Message number 2500 ...Ok
message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed to happen. Was message_die() used in page_tail.php?
what is what? :?
Whoops! :oops:
FIND

Code: Select all

				$sql = "SELECT t.*, t2.* FROM " . FUSION_MESSAGES_TABLE . " t, ".IBF_MESSAGES_TEXT_TABLE." t2 WHERE t.mt_msg_id = t2.msg_id LIMIT $private_loc,$private_default "; // 500 private messages 
REPLACE WITH

Code: Select all

				$sql = "SELECT * FROM " . FUSION_MESSAGES_TABLE . " LIMIT $private_loc,$private_default ";
fresheris wrote:and trying to enter the site:

Code: Select all

message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed to happen. Was message_die() used in page_tail.php?
This is due to multiple errors with the phpBB2 board.
Have you deleted, or renamed, the install and contrib directories?

To find exactly what is causing that error, use this MOD, [2.0.17] Fix message_die for multiple errors MOD
Have you hugged someone today?

Locked

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron