Invision Board Converter/Importer

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
rochen

Invision Board Converter/Importer

Post by rochen »

Does anyone know if there is a converter from Invision Board to phpBB. I am in need of one as are a lot of our hosting customers. However, I can't seem to find one.

Any help would be appreciated :)
Chris Adams - chris@rochen.com
Rochen Host - Multiple Domain Hosting for Linux and Windows 2000 - http://www.rochen.com
--- Now offering full custom programming services in PHP & ASP ---
chAos
Former Team Member

Post by chAos »

I'm not aware of one currently, but someone could correct me on this.
rochen

Post by rochen »

Shame that, because I am sure there are a lot of people looking to convert :cry:
Rochen Host - Multiple Domain Hosting for Linux and Windows 2000 - http://www.rochen.com
psoTFX
Former Team Member

Post by psoTFX »

I've elevated this to a sticky ... perhaps someone reading would oblige with a convertor.
Dave Bean

Post by Dave Bean »

Care to offer any insights as to the trade-offs between Invision Board and PHPBB2 ?
psoTFX
Former Team Member

Post by psoTFX »

As we've said dozens of times this isn't the place for comparisons, that can and should be done elsewhere.
dar63

Post by dar63 »

rochen wrote: Shame that, because I am sure there are a lot of people looking to convert :cry:

Why??

It's only been out as a full stable release for 10 days, I can't imagine there would be scores of people with that much to lose by starting fresh.

But obviously a converter would still be nice. :)
Dave Bean

Post by Dave Bean »

Sorry, what would be a more appropriate section do post a comparison discussion?
rochen

Post by rochen »

dar63 wrote: It's only been out as a full stable release for 10 days, I can't imagine there would be scores of people with that much to lose by starting fresh.

Well the site I have, has well over 5000 posts and some customer sites over 8000. So I wouldn't like to loose them, yet convert to phpBB ASAP. I really only set Invision Board up as a test to see what it was like, but phpBB seems to be a lot better. Anyway that isn't the point of this thread, so I wont take it off topic.

Anyway If anyone is willing to put together some kind of converter it would be greatly appreciated :)
sadbastard

converter

Post by sadbastard »

This is a conversion script for Invision Board 1.0 to phpBB 2.0.1. It is based on the conversion script for XMB to phpBB by hijacker, and is adpated for Invision Board. It's a quick and dirty mod to the script, but it seems to mostly be working. Feel free to fix or change any of it. I never was a Invision Board user, and the forum I tested on was a phpBB2 that was converted to IBF. The phpBB2 to IBF didn't import everything, so I couldn't work on everything. Private messages, censored words, groups, smilies, banned emails and ips, and attachments are things that I wasn't able to test, and thus, cannot be converted by this script. It does convert the following:

-ranks
-members
-categories
-forums
-topics
-polls
-and maybe tracked topics - I am not too sure.

Sub-forums are something I am really quite unsure about, but they should be converted. It's not finished, really, but I've worked on all I could with the test forum that I had. I am letting this lose as it might help some of you. Do not use it on a live board.

the links:

gzip
zip
sadbastard

a little more finished

Post by sadbastard »

I did a little more work on the thing and have gotten the following to work.

-ranks
-members
-categories
-forums
-topics
-polls
-tracked topics
-private messages
-censored words
-banned ip's, email addresses, and members

I haven't gotten around to the attachments, mostly because I can't get attachments to work in my test forum. Smilies and groups are also neglected, as I don't think they're too crucial. The search index fill should be working - it does index all the posts, but for some reason I can't search search on the converted forum. I am sure there are a number of bugs in the script, so if anyone tries this out, please let me know what they are. If you convert polls, you will probably get a couple of error messages. Ignore them, the polls should be converted just fine. Links to the script are in the post above. Again, do not use this on a live forum.
joschiv

Post by joschiv »

Great....i have an testserver......could you send the newer converter???
sadbastard

Post by sadbastard »

the newest version is linked in my first post above.
joschiv

Post by joschiv »

;-).....i have seen it...sorry.....
joschiv

Post by joschiv »

First problem. my Invision board has 6500 User, 17000 threads and 84000 posts......after 45000 posts importing the script brake. Can you chance this???? so that 200 or 500 posts will be converted once? Sorry for my bad english....

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”