Invision Board Converter/Importer

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
James55

Converter

Post by James55 »

Anyone know if this can be used to convert my invision board to the phpbb board in phpnuke?. If so what directory would I upload the files to as there is no root folder for the phpbb.
Mini_Dragon

Post by Mini_Dragon »

Yeah, I need a IPB 2.0 to phpbb 2.10
jakethegamer

Post by jakethegamer »

Well as Invisionboard is now charging for their system people will be coming over to phpBB. I will see if I can cobble together a Converter for 2.0 but my php skills are somewhat lacking. There is significant changes to the database structire that I can see which will make things difficult. Hopefully if mine does not work when (if ever) it is released somebody can help and make one better.
Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

NB: There is already a basic IPB2 convertor posted in another thread in this forum (derived from the one here), so you don't need to write anything from scratch :)
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!
modtang

InvisionFree

Post by modtang »

I currently have a board hosted on invisionfree.com. Is there any reason why this converter wouldn't work on those boards (I'm getting a database dump from the admin there)?
JRSofty

Post by JRSofty »

Graham wrote: NB: There is already a basic IPB2 convertor posted in another thread in this forum (derived from the one here), so you don't need to write anything from scratch :)

Can you post a link to that thread? I can't seem to find it by searching.
Having No Marketing Hype!
Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

If was 2 threads down :)

IPB 2 Convertor

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
ziggie216

Post by ziggie216 »

jakethegamer wrote: Well as Invisionboard is now charging for their system people will be coming over to phpBB. I will see if I can cobble together a Converter for 2.0 but my php skills are somewhat lacking. There is significant changes to the database structire that I can see which will make things difficult. Hopefully if mine does not work when (if ever) it is released somebody can help and make one better.

yup, i'm one of them... I have been using invisionboard for a long time.. and now this.... so i'm just flipping through couple of posts here and it seems like there isnt a 2.0 converter yet right?
Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

Someone has been working on one

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=217287

Just read the whole thread first :)

Amirsan

Post by Amirsan »

When converting from 2.0 Invision Pro Board will I still maintain the file attatchements in the posts?
PS2Smackdown[dot]Net

Post by PS2Smackdown[dot]Net »

I am trying to convert my Invision 1.3 board to phpbb but it seems impossible.

I keep getting errors when i do the converting. I copied the Invision tables, and made a new sql username called forums. I imported all the invision tables into this. I then granted permissions for the forums usernames to the same database that the new phpbb forum was installed to.

I run the converter, and I get errors. Please help. Also, i have set the conf.php file properly, and the prefix is definately ibf_

Here is the URL to the converting:
http://www.ps2smackdown.net/forums/ipb2phpBB/

Could someone please give me step by step instructions on how to do this. I'm pretty much a n00b when it comes to php.

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”