Language Pack questions

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Graham
Former Team Member

Language Pack questions

Post by Graham »

Effective today, we've had a slight re-arrangement of the forums such that this one will be dedicated to convertor topics.

What this means is that questions related to language packs (eg how to install them, etc) should be directed to the phpBB Support Forum.

For any errors or corrections in existing language packs, you should in the first instance contact the existing maintainer of the language pack, listed on the download page.

If you are an existing language pack maintainer who has submitted an update, or you have submitted a new language pack, please read the following status update from psoTFX.

If you have developed a new language pack and wish to submit it for inclusion on the site, you should contact either the Development Team Leader or the Website Team Leader. Maintainers of existing language packs who have queries should also contact the same people.

Update - 2005-04-27:
If you are an existing language pack maintainer who wants to submit an update, or you want to submit a new language pack, please contact the Development Team Leader. To make the release of your language pack faster please provide a url to your language pack in .zip format and .tar.gz format. If only one of those formats are used we need to manually create the other one. ;)
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!
Acyd Burn
Consultant
Consultant
Name: Meik Sievertsen

Post by Acyd Burn »

All language pack authors, please note the recent update to this announcement. ;)
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] »

Hi,

Batusai (Moderator in Oficial Support Spain) update language spanish for 2.0.17 (information in ACP for new version, visual confirm...) send PM to Support Team Leader for months and not update.

More doubts in Oficial Support Spain must to the language problem (language Spanish in phpBB not update)

Sorry if the message not this good here, but to pm and email, does not respond...

Greets :wink:
ThE KuKa - Admin tomatoma.WS - Oficial phpBB Support Spain
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies | Styles Queue Stats :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate.
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

Techie-Micheal
Security Consultant

Post by Techie-Micheal »

Raul [ThE KuKa] wrote: Hi,

Batusai (Moderator in Oficial Support Spain) update language spanish for 2.0.17 (information in ACP for new version, visual confirm...) send PM to Support Team Leader for months and not update.

More doubts in Oficial Support Spain must to the language problem (language Spanish in phpBB not update)

Sorry if the message not this good here, but to pm and email, does not respond...

Greets :wink:
ThE KuKa - Admin tomatoma.WS - Oficial phpBB Support Spain
Could you resend it? It might have gotten buried in all of my PMs. Sorry about that.

Edit: You linked to Acyd Burn, who is a dev, not support. :)
Proven Offensive Security Expertise. OSCP - GXPN
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations

Yes Techie-Micheal, the link of Support Team Leader is bad, sorry. :oops:

PM :wink:

Thanks and Greets
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies | Styles Queue Stats :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate.

Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations

Techie-Micheal clean east topic if you want... :wink:

Techie-Micheal
Security Consultant

Post by Techie-Micheal »

Raul [ThE KuKa] wrote: Techie-Micheal clean east topic if you want... :wink:
hm?
Proven Offensive Security Expertise. OSCP - GXPN
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations

...to "purge" the topic, to leave initial messages both (of Graham & Acyd Burn) if seems to you well

Greets

HuanManwe
Location: Málaga (Spain) [European Union] - Earth - Solar System - Milky Way - Local Group - Universe

Post by HuanManwe »

I sent a PM to Techie-Micheal with the information but I forgot to mention that the user who didn't answer me (didn't even receive the PM as it's still in the outgoing folder) was Pato[100%Q]. Who answered me was Alexis, telling me I could take his place as the updater of the Spanish language pack. He told me he could notify it to the Official Team Support if he were asked to.

One more thing I forgot to tell you: my version was made together with an Argentinian user called CG_ar who made the most important part of the job. I just made my version to 'academical' or official Spanish and he made the 'Argentinian' version. He told me he had tried to contact psoFXT too, a few months ago, and when Acyd Burn had the responsability to manage the language packs we wrote him too but we had no answers.
CG_ar sent me his version, and I use it in my forums, for Argentinian users to be able to choose it if they want to, but I think you could also contact him to see if he's still interested in being the updater of that version.

Greetings.

EDIT: CG_ar has told me he talked to the updater of the Spanish_Argentina version, Angel Olivera. The author of the present language version told him he still wanted to be the updater although he apreciated his version and would test it, and if he liked it he would update it and insert CG_ar's name as the newest developer, but that happened 6 weeks ago and I've had no more news from Angel Olivera nor CG_ar.
Moderator in the Spanish Official Support Forum and Translator of the Spanish language pack with the help of www.phpbb-es.com | Ayuda en español.
Berlin wird immer in meinem Herzen sein :) Auf wiedersehen, Berlin!
Der Mensch schuf Gott nach seinem eigenen Bild
zatla

Post by zatla »

salam
I just creat my forum
my arabic language isn't accepetd when I poste new post
who can I added this language
thinks
Pilchard

Post by Pilchard »

Hello, I'm Bulgarien and my English is not good. Sorry about that. I have downloaded phpBB2, but i don't know where i can download bulgarien language pack from. I mean give me a link where I can download it. ;)
I hope you will understand me.

Greetings all! ;)
Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

Language packs are on the download page - http://www.phpbb.com/downloads.php#lang

Just search for your language
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!
darkyx

Post by darkyx »

trank you!!!
shiva58

Post by shiva58 »

Sorry for disturbing you , I tried to ad otner lang in my forum. I t is impossible!!!!!!!!!!!!!
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

Convertor Forum Description wrote: Please post language pack questions to the support forum
Have you hugged someone today?

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”