[SUPPORT] PunBB to phpBB convertor

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Tuure

Post by Tuure »

I checked out phpBB topics table, and found the problem. Where in punBB (1.1.5) the topic poster information is stored in text format (the topic starter's name, e.g MisterX), phpBB uses the user's ID-number to do the same.

What causes the trouble is that after the conversion all the topic_poster values were -1. After I changed one of the topics I started back to my value, the topic appeared to the forum view. So there is a way to correct them. But for crying out loud, do I have to manually change the topic_poster values back to the correct ones? Doing a script to do that is beoynd my knowledge in PHP. :P

Well, perhaps if I prune the old topics, then I'd have less work to do... 8O

// And I manually set the right values. Now, it works like a dream.
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

The PunBB convertor has been updated to Version 1.0.3

The topic poster_id has been fixed.

Download link is in the first post of this topic
Have you hugged someone today?
DarkMastah

Post by DarkMastah »

stueynet

Conversion service

Post by stueynet »

Anyone wanna do a conversion from PunBB 1.2.6 to the latest phpbb for $$

lemme know
Stu
hasif

Post by hasif »

:cry: Hi i want to convert PunBB 1.2.6 to PhpBB Latest version and instead of money if you want large paid web hosting then i can provide you. Upto 5 GB of websapce. Think it

Site Owner of - BollywoodPlace.Com
uamuzeme

Post by uamuzeme »

It's not working well for me.

1. Some users have invalid characters in their names. This causes errors.

2. Posts seem to be there but after running the converter and going to my phpbb board the posts do not show, however the post statistics are there.

3. I need to convert PunBB 1.2.10 now because I had to upgrade :(

So is anyone still working on this converter?
"I learn something new every day! That's the good thing about being stupid."
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

What characters did the users have that caused trouble? If this is causing errors, it may be the reason posts are not showing up.
uamuzeme

Post by uamuzeme »

You can see the user list here http://ravingatheist.com/forum/userlist.php and as you see on the first 10 people, they have quotes, % and = signs. I don't want to have to make them reregister as they have been very good contributers but there has to be a way to remove the invalid characters that are causing issues running the converter. Right?
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

The problem with topics not showing has been fixed. The problem was not with the user names, but with the conversion of the poster id's.

Download link is in the first post. Beta 0.1.2
uamuzeme

Post by uamuzeme »

Thank you, you're a hero. I'll try it out again tomorrow and report back.
cold wolf

Post by cold wolf »

Excellent convertor, thank you so much for writting it.

I do have a problem however. While Administrator's and moderators are labeled as such, we can't actually do anything. I think I missed a step somewhere, but neverthless, any idea on how to fix this?
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

Can't do anything? What do you mean? Can the Admins get into the Admin Panel?
cold wolf

Post by cold wolf »

No, they cannot. I'm not sure how this could have happened, since everything appears ok in the database, but it seems none of us get the page admins/mods get, the one with options for such users. Any ideas?

EDIT: It seems to be something about ranks and permissions. Does the convertor give the proper permissions to whoever has the associated rank?
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

Administrators should have a user_level of 1. You can check the phpbb_users table in the database for this. This is all that is necessary for an administrator to see the Administration Panel link at the bottom of the page to get into the Admin panel. If this link is not visible to Admins, there is something wrong with the installation of your board and not with the convertor.

Moderators, I am not sure about, but they should be able to see the mod links in the forums that they are set to moderate. Moderators can be set up in the Admin panel if there should be something wrong with the conversion.
cold wolf

Post by cold wolf »

Thank you! That's incredibly useful information. We have modified the database to give me admin access, and from there I got into the panel and put everyone back to where they were.

I think the problem was my doing, since I only exported the database and did no importing or restoring. But it's still strange that that would keep admins and moderators from keeping their access after the conversion.

Nevertheless, everything is fine now, plus we have an awesome board with all our content thanks to this MOD! Rad.

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”